Community Initiative for Sustainable Environment and Gender Development (CISEGD)
P.O Box 332; Guzang- Batibo Sub Division Momo Division
Contact person: Ataba Jude Fonsah
+237 633 218 639; +237 674 400 005
- Aid organization
- Educational policy/project
- Environmental project
- Volunteers are welcome.
Community Initiative for Sustainable Environment and Gender Development (CISEGD) is a registered non-profit Community-based Organization (CBO) working to fight hunger, reduce poverty and empower rural poor people and women to live in equality as well as in harmony with nature without exerting too much pressure on the environment. It was founded in 2011 as a Common Initiative Group (CIG) and gained the status of an Association in 2014.
CISEGD´s mission is to fight hunger and poverty and build an environmentally healthy, safe and just society where everyone can unlock his or her potential and live in harmony with nature while enhancing their available local natural resources to become self-reliant and sustainable.
CISEGD envisions a just community where environmentally sound practices, gender equity, human rights and the dignity of the underprivileged are promoted and respected.
• Promote sound environmental conservation practices that are sustainable.
• Develop and promote action oriented programs that focus on gender balance and women empowerment as well as the prevention of gender based Violence and discrimination
• Promote a culture of peace that upholds human rights as well as respect the dignity for the underprivileged and marginalize group of people.
• Promote and encourage farming practices that leads to sustainable agriculture and meet the needs of small scale farmers as well as help them understand their relationship to the environment and the food we eat.
• Improve on health of the population and reduce the spread of HIV/AIDS as well other related illness.
• Promote and encourage girls and women education at both formal and informal level for positive change as well as sustainable community development.
• Conduct research, training and advocacy on identified environmental, gender and human rights problems in Cameroon.
• Environmental management
• Gender and women empowerment
• Sustainable agriculture and food security
• Education and capacity building
• Tree Yam planting to improve on soil conservation and increase yam production for rural women of Batibo Cameroon.
• Help save honey bees and other pollinators in Cameroon.
• Mushroom cultivation.
• Agroforestry and tree planting.
• Poultry production project.
• Bee farming.
• Promoting organic farming through trainings and information sharing to improve food production, nutrition and ensure income security.
• Community farm forestry project for biodiversity conservation and livelihood improvement.
• Environmental education in schools.
• Enhancing soil biodiversity and farmland productivity through agroforestry and vermicomposting.
• Agroforestry and coffee growing system development to enhance biodiversity and improve livelihoods.
• Economic development: a microcredit for rural women of Batibo Cameroon.
• Pig and local chicken project.
• Empowering rural poor families through snail farming.
• Organic upland rice production to empower disadvantage youths.
• Ending early and force marriage in rural communities of Batibo Cameroon.
Ataba Jude Fonsah is the Director of the Community Initiative for Sustainable Environment and Gender Development (CISEGD).
For other net participants we can offer an expert guidance through trained staff, give an expert opinion, procure expert information and establish new contacts in the field of our work.