Community-Campus Partnerships for Health (CCPH)
UW Box 354809
Seattle, WA 98195-4809
Contact person: Sarena Seifer
- Commune, community project
- Social policy/disabled persons
- Volunteers are welcome.
Community-Campus Partnerships for Health (CCPH) is a nonprofit organization that promotes health (broadly defined) through partnerships between communities and higher educational institutions. Founded in 1996, we are a growing network of over 1,800 communities and campuses across North America and increasingly the world that are collaborating to promote health through service-learning, community-based participatory research, broad-based coalitions and other partnership strategies. These partnerships are powerful tools for improving higher education, civic engagement and the overall health of communities.
We are working toward a number of shared goals, including:
• Combining the knowledge, wisdom and experience in communities and in academic institutions to solve major health, social and economic challenges
• Building the capacity of communities and higher educational institutions to engage each other in authentic partnerships
• Supporting communities in their relationships and work with academic partners
• Recognizing and rewarding faculty for community engagement and community-engaged scholarship
• Developing partnerships that balance power and share resources equitably among partners
• Ensuring that community-driven social change is central to service-learning and community-based participatory research
We are pursuing several strategies for achieving our goals:
• Creating and expanding opportunities for individuals and organizations to collaborate and exchange resources and information relevant to community-campus partnerships.
• Promoting awareness about the benefits of community-campus partnerships.
• Advocating for policies needed in the public and private sectors that facilitate and support community-campus partnerships.
• Promoting service-learning as a core component of health professions education.
For other net participants we can offer expert guidance through trained staff, give an expert opinion, procure expert information and establish new contacts in the field of our work.