Ascent Russian Orphan Aid Foundation
P.O. Box 1305
AK 99645 Palmer
Contact person: Jonathan Soverns
- Aid organization
- Social policy/disabled persons
- Volunteers are welcome.
Ascent Russian Orphan Aid Foundation (iOrphan) is a non-profit charity registered in the state of California.
• Provide basic necessities such as food, clothing and shelter to orphans and homeless children living in the former Soviet Bloc countries.
• Assist them in gaining necessary skills to become self-supporting functional members of society.
• Increase public awareness to the needs of all disadvantaged and less fortunate children.
Who we help?
• All orphanages and shelters that receive our help are registered non-profit organizations that have at least a 5-year track record.
• They all are independently audited at least once a year.
• We have personally established contacts with them and have verified their foundation documents, independent audit records and specific project cost estimates.
• Kostroma Kids Program: Summer Orphanage Program (American and Russian volunteers spend 4 - 6 weeks each summer working with the children in up to three orphanages.), Post-Orphanage Program (This is a new program designed to target the needs of the children that are most at risk in the first years after leaving the orphanage.)
• Sponsor a child: Of the Gorlovka Infant Hospital; the Serzhantovo Orphanage or the Vladivostok Orphanage #1 for Children with Physical or Mental Deficiencies.
Jonathan Soverns is the Vice President of Operations of iOrphan.org.
For other net participants we can offer an expert guidance through trained staff, give an expert opinion, procure expert information and establish new contacts in the field of our work.