2, Kairi St.
Contact person: Alexander Theodoridis
- Aid organization
- Environmental project
- Educational policy/project
- Volunteers are welcome.
Boroume ("We Can") is a non-profit organization, founded in 2011, whose mission is to reduce food waste and to fight malnutrition in Greece. Boroume fights food waste by organizing the distribution of surplus food for charity throughout Greece.
Our vision is to develop a social movement to reduce food waste and at the same time increase nutritional support to people in need based on volunteer support.
• Saving & Offering Food: To reduce food waste and to increase food donations to charities and their beneficiaries using the easiest, fastest and most immediate way: the Boroume food saving & offering method!
• Awareness Program Stop Food Waste: Creating public awareness about the social, environmental and economic benefits of reducing food waste is crucial for highlighting the issue and changing our daily habits that contribute to it.
• Boroume at School: Increase awareness among schoolchildren regarding the issues of food waste, volunteering and giving. We have developed a thorough educational program with lots of useful information that encourages children to participate in various verbal, interactive, and artistic activities enabling them to learn in a playful manner and express their ideas regarding food waste
• Boroume Gleaning: Reducing food waste at the agricultural level by volunteers who glean (pick) crops that would otherwise be wasted, and offering them directly to local charities
• Boroume at the Farmers´ Market: Reducing the food waste generated at the farmers´ markets by coordinating the collection and donation of their fresh produce, which otherwise would have been wasted, to local charities
• Boroume in the Neighborhood: Inform all potential food donors in a neighborhood about how easy it is with Boroume´s help to save & donate food to those in need, instead of throwing it in the trash
• We Are Family: To establish a direct and transparent way to support the nutritional needs of a family without means by converting donations into supermarket vouchers, exclusively for the purchase of food products, without any additional overhead costs to the donor.
Alexander Theodoridis is the Co-Founder of Boroume.
For other net participants we can offer an expert guidance through trained staff, give an expert opinion, procure expert information and establish new contacts in the field of our work.