BRD Bureau for Reconstruction and Development
Street 3, Part A, Khoshal Maina,
Contact person: Khan Agha Dawoodzai
- Aid organization
- Human rights
- Educational policy/project
- Volunteers are welcome.
Bureau for Reconstruction and Development (BRD) is a registered not-for-profit Afghan organization. Established in 2002 by Afghans professionals, it focuses on reconstruction and development projects through programmatic interventions. BRD implements and coordinates development, capacity building, human rights and social protection projects and supports the process of the development of a strong, viable and pluralistic civil society.
BRD´s vision is of an Afghanistan where all the population live with improved livelihood, social justice, integrity and prosperity, where human rights and rights of women and children are recognized, upheld and respected.
Our mission is to create an environment in which men and women are able to improve their standards of living through equitable and sustainable use of resources, with special attention to the vulnerable group of the society specially women and Children.
• To facilitate the process of community development through comprehensive rural development and agriculture services in Afghanistan through programmatic and institutional intervention.
• To provide support and protection for the most vulnerable groups of the society with special focus on women and children through programmatic interventions.
• To improve service delivery by building the institutional capacity of the public and non-profit sector to facilitate the process of long-term development in Afghanistan.
• To enhance the skills and knowledge of local communities on human rights and democracy to ensure their active participation in the development of a viable civil society in Afghanistan.
• Protection of vulnerable groups: In this program BRD aims to provide protection for the vulnerable groups specially women and children, through education, improved livelihood through income generation and vocational training.
• Human Rights: Supporting the construction of a democratic pluralistic society in Afghanistan, increasing the opportunities and the capacity of individuals, groups and civil society organizations to interact with the government in the development of major social and political changes including its commitment toward the protection of human rights.
• Governance and accountability: Through the programs, BRD aim is to promote building of the effective responsive and capable, institutions, and decision maker to be transparent, inclusive, and keep them accountability to the people who are affected from their decision from service delivery to elections to participation of women and the poor.
• Community Development: The overall aim is to support the poorest and most vulnerable segments of rural society. The rural poor include the landless, individuals and households with few assets, small land owners, pastoralists, female-headed households and the disabled. It is important to note that the aforementioned groups have different special needs that need to be taken into consideration in any interventions.
Khan Agha Dawoodzai is the Director of Bureau for Reconstruction and Development (BDR).
For other net participants we can offer an expert guidance through trained staff, give an expert opinion, procure expert information and establish new contacts in the field of our work.