Asha - Hoffnung für Bangladesch e.V
Contact person: Shakil Syed
- Aid organization
- Educational policy/project
- Social policy/disabled persons
- Volunteers are welcome.
Asha - Hope for Bangladesh is a non-profit organization that was founded in Nuremberg in 2003 by Shakil Syed. Its objective is to help the people in Bangladesh, who are struck by utterly bad circumstances, enhance their living conditions.
Top priority is the establishment of educational facilities as well as medical care. These two major factors are very important to improve the situation of many people in Bangladesh.
• A handfull of rice: This project helps poor families with "Micro donations" to ensure their existence.
• Schoola: ASHA built two schools in northwestern of Bangladesh, a third school in the Northwest is already planned
• Uraon: ASHA e.V.´s aim is to preserve the ethnic diversity and at the same time to teach the Bengali language to the children of the Uraon.
• Reaching the Missing Children (RMC)/Slumkids with help of the Jyoti - Child and Women´s Rights Organization: Establishment and development of a care centre for vulnerable children from the slums of Bangladesh. Long-term promotion of a support centre for the slum children of Bangladesh.
• Sponsorship project
• Healthcare-Station: Establishment of a Healthcare Station next to the school in Arani.
• Little Smile: The training aims to give poor women a free education in the tailoring. Because the Bangladesh textile industry plays a major role, the women with appropriate training will have good opportunities in the local labour market. ASHA has a total of three "little smile" places. The Tailor´s shop in Chilmari, in the particularly poor North of the country, as well as the two training establishments in Gaibandha and Kolyani Sorherhat.
Shakil Syed is the Founder and Chairman of Asha - Hoffnung für Bangladesch e.V..
For other net participants we can offer an expert guidance through trained staff, give an expert opinion, procure expert information and establish new contacts in the field of our work.