promoting equal rights for all
875, Street 79, I-8/3,
44000 | Islamabad
Contact person: Saleem Malik
- Aid organization
- Women's policy
- Educational policy/project
- Volunteers are welcome.
Bedari is a national level non governmental voluntary development organization in Pakistan working with women and girls for the promotion and protection of their human rights. It started its activities around awareness raising and self growth in 1991. It has developed expertise on issues of gender empowerment, addressing violence and abuse against women and girls and processes of attitudinal change.
Our mission is promoting equal rights of all (including women, men, boys and girls) in society through capacity building, education and advocacy
Specific objectives of Bedari are:
• Advocacy and lobbying for appropriate legislation to address gender based discrimination and violence
• Raising awareness and building capacities (across duty bearers and right holders) around Women´s human rights and life skills
• Combating gender inequalities through girls´ education and life skills
• Providing direct support to women survivors of gender based violence (GBV)
• Promoting peace and tolerance through revival of cultural activities and by engaging young people both male and female
Activities: Bedari has
• contributed in raising awareness on women and girls´ rights and gender issues.
• highlighted disparities towards marginalized group of society and
• launched advocacy campaigns on women and girls´ human rights issues by organizing events, theaters, puppet shows, talks, training, workshops, seminars and conferences.
• conducted all these activities alone as well as through alliance or partnerships with other like minded organizations.
• Crisis Intervention Program
• Girls´ Post-Primary Level Education
• Combating Child Marriages in Punjab
• Bedari Theater Program
• Girl Power
• Women Workers´ Awareness Of Their Rights and Labour Laws
• Ending Child Marriages in Punjab
• Participation of Youth in Legislation and Policy Making
• Peace through Arts & Sports / Peace through Arts
• ILM Possible – Take a Child to School Project
Saleem Malik is the Executive Director of Bedari.
For other net participants we can offer an expert guidance through trained staff, give an expert opinion, procure expert information and establish new contacts in the field of our work.