cultures interactive e.V.
Verein zur interkulturellen Bildung und Gewaltprävention
Mainzer Str. 11
- Social policy/disabled persons
- Educational policy/project
- Volunteers are welcome.
The non-profit organisation cultures interactive – Society for Intercultural Education and the Prevention of Violence - was founded in 2005, with the aim of developing and implementing up to date concepts for intercultural and political youth work. We strengthen decision-making abilities and show new ways of social and political participation by means of workshops appropriate to adolescents.
• To strengthen democratic attitudes and openness to outward influences.
• To prevent a disposition to violence, right wing extremism and fundamentalism.
• To encourage social and creative skills.
• To encourage diversity in youth culture.
• To foster intercultural integration and the networking of youth culture.
The focus of our work:
• Social group work with juveniles, such as national and international project days in schools and youth clubs, youth oriented activities like music, graffiti or video workshops, open space events,….
• Adult and disseminator training courses, for teachers and social workers for example, on the topics of the prevention of violence and extremism, information and advice events,…
• Integrated concepts of community preventative work, such as community advice, the carrying out of strategies to prevent violence and extremism, the organisation of youth festivals, the provision of skilled workshop leaders in youth work, …
Our work is interdisciplinary, using experienced experts from political and intercultural education, with representatives of the youth cultures.
On request we can offer other net participants advice or a presentation. We can provide up-to-date information and contacts in the field of our work.