Bäume für Menschen - Trees for the World
82362 Weilheim i. OB
Contact person: Gottfried Brenner
- Environmental project
- Educational policy/project
- Aid for developing countries
- Volunteers are welcome.
Trees for the World® has been active as a reputable NGO since 1996, offering aid on the African continent.
Our aim is to counteract the threat to the forests, the basis of human life on our planet, by research into renewable energy, by education and by social involvement.
Our environmental organisation is globally oriented and transparent according to DZl guidelines. The main focus of our work is on the afforestation of semi-arid regions and environmental projects in the context of biodiversity.
• Mother tree nursery – the centrepiece in Ondangwa: Trees for the World®’s mother tree nursery was set up in 1999, on a 5 hectare plot in the urban area of Ondangwa, in northern Namibia, as a basis for the optimal cultivation and propagation of seedlings, as well as to provide a seed bank.
•Twig tree nurseries - network in Namibia: The twig tree nurseries are run by local people. They take local circumstances, such as population, soil and water conditions, into account. Seedlings are cultivated to be sold locally or used for growing on.
• OGTPP - Ombuga Grassland Tree Planting Project: 11 Plots in Nordwest Namibia. A total of 66,000 hectares of tropical dry forest land is to be reforested.
• Jatropha oil forest – energy source of the future: in a unique series of experiments initiated by Trees for the World®, the sustainable use of the purging nut Jatropha curcas L. is being tested in northern Namibia.
• LogoForest® - reforestation, local value creation and stimulus for the north-south dialogue of Agenda 21 are combined in a unique, patented idea. LogoWald® links the reforestation of deforested regions with activities which have a publicity effect for large global concerns and can be realised in virtually every devastated region of the world.
• Environment education centre – education opportunity in Ovamboland: Contribution towards lasting improvement in advice and training, particularly with regard to the configuration and sustainable use of ecosystems and the genetic resources in the project region.
• Kindergarten with smallholding – our social project in Okahandja: Trees for the World® has acquired a plot of land in Okahandja, with an old dilapidated farmhouse on it, which is to be refurbished as a kindergarten. In addition, an orphanage for children of AIDS victims will provide shelter and the chance of a decent life.
• GreenCrossforNature – actions for nature and the environment: Youth organisation of Trees for the World®.
• The refuse tip children of Okahandja: children need sponsors to give them access to healthy food, clean drinking water, health care, clothing and education.
• Air root cutting – stability starts at the roots: air root cutting refers to an innovative plant cultivation technique whereby the formation of spiral roots is prevented.
Gottfried Brenner ist the founder of Trees for the World®.
On request we can offer other net participants advice, give a presentation, and supply up to date information and contacts in the field of our work.