Child to Child
UCL Institute of Education, University College London, 20 Bedford Way
WC1H 0AL London
Contact person: Cléo Fatoorehchi
- Aid organization
- Educational policy/project
- Human rights
- Volunteers are welcome.
Child to Child is an international child-rights agency located at the Institute of Education, University of London. The Child to Child Trust (now called Child to Child) was established as an organisation in 1987. Since then, we have delivered a range of services to organisations all around the world to promote children´s participation and child-led approaches. Child to Child trains leading global agencies in a number of practical approaches that enable children to play a meaningful role in their own lives and to promote the health, education and wellbeing of themselves and their communities.
Our vision is of a world where children are empowered to participate in the realisation of their rights.
Our mission is to create spaces where children and young people are listened to and taken seriously in the exercise of their rights
Our areas of expertise
• Health education and promotion in schools
• Early childhood development
• Children in communities affected by HIV/AIDS
• Adolescent reproductive and sexual health
• Inclusive education
• Disaster risk reduction
• Water and Sanitation (WASH)
• Children in difficult circumstances
• Pikin To Pikin Tok, a radio programme to increase access, retention and performance in primary education in Sierra Leone
• Promoting effective child participation to enhance child protection in Latin America
• Palenque infantil with Afro-Peruvian children against violence in Peru
• Child rights capacity development programme
• Promoting Inclusive Education in Northern Uganda
• Paths to School Success: A Child to Child approach in Pakistan
• Assessment of children´s participation in Europe
• Enhancing primary education in Sierra Leone
• Research and evaluation: We design and conduct research and evaluation in partnership with children.
• Curriculum development: We develop and train on all associated resources – Master Training guides, Teacher guides, storybooks and other activities for children and community sensitisation materials.
• Training: We equip organisations and their staff with the skills and knowledge to effectively design, deliver and evaluate Child to Child programmes and initiatives.
• Material and resource development: We develop materials and resources in local languages that can be used to support Child to Child initiatives.
• Capacity development: We enable organisations to plan, implement and evaluate participatory programmes and initiatives, from short-term support with project planning to longer-term interventions.
Cléo Fatoorehchi is the Communications Officer at Child to Child.
For other net participants we can offer an expert guidance through trained staff, give an expert opinion, procure expert information and establish new contacts in the field of our work.