AOSED-An Organization for Socio-Economic Development
334, Sher-E-Bangla Road (1st floor),
Contact person: Shamim Arfeen
- Commune, community project
- Environmental organization
- Human rights
- Volunteers are welcome.
AOSED-An Organization for Socio-Economic Development is a non-government and non-profit development organization founded in 1999 and committed to conserving environment, ecology, biodiversity and facing the challenges of Climate Change and improving the standard of lives and livelihoods of vulnerable communities through ensuring their access to natural and common resources of the Southwest Coastal Region of Bangladesh.
Develop a just, prosperous and environment-friendly Society in which there will be no discrimination on the basis of race, caste, creed, gender or occupation whatsoever.
• Conservation of biodiversity and address the challenge of climate change related vulnerabilities to improve people’s livelihood;
• Extension of Eco-friendly and diversified Agriculture to ensure food security;
• Uphold peoples’ rights to common property resources;
• Ensure peoples’ access to safe water and sanitation;
• Environment conservation and environmental education;
• Upholding human rights especially children’s and woman’s rights, and democratic governance;
• Disaster risk reduction and emergency response
• Human Resource development.
The experiences and expertise of the organization has been developed from the last the decade through implementing various projects and programmes:
• Grassroots organization development,
• Awareness and educational materials development,
• Awareness and Media Campaign,
• Local resources mobilization,
• Capacity building of Local government and community people,
• Development of community-base water point management system,
• Accomplishment of social movement as a catalyst,
• Diversified local agriculture extension, Adoption strategy at local level,
• Conduct grassroots and policy advocacy.
Shamim Arfeen is the Executive Director of AOSED (An Organization for Socio-Economic Development).
For other net participants we can offer an expert guidance through trained staff, give an expert opinion, procure expert information and establish new contacts in the field of our work.