Asociación Gente Joven Guatemala
15 Avenida 0-30 zona 1
Contact person: Ana Felisa Chaclán
- Antiracism, policy of integration
- Educational policy/project
- Human rights
- Volunteers are welcome.
Asociación Gente Joven Guatemala is a nonprofit social organization that has 12 years of contributing to human and social development of young people in Quetzaltenango.
• Education (Formal and Non Formal Education)
• Human Rights
• Education and Citizenship
• Youth Social Work
• Book Collecting: Provide rural communities with small community libraries to improve access to general knowledge through reading and research.
• Drug Collection: Providing community care centers with medicines to treat common and chronic diseases.
• Commemoration of the Martyrdom of Monsignor Gerardi: Promote among the young people the knowledge of the life and work of Monsignor Juan Gerardi Conedera and importance to the history of Guatemala's armed conflict Report, Guatemala Nunca Mas.
• Scholarships for Indigenous young women: Promoting equality in access to educational opportunities for young women from poor families, coordinating with international institutions, and universities aims to bring together and create a fund reimbursable.
• Albom Q'anil Project: Program for the promotion of dialogue and juvenile constructivism implementation and rescue of indigenous youth organizations in Guatemala.
• Second Shoe Collection: Collect new or used shoes in good condition to poor children in poor communities of indigenous highlands of Guatemala.
Ana Felisa Chaclán is the president of the Asociación Gente Joven Guatemala.
For other net participants we can offer an expert guidance through trained staff, procure expert information in the field of Human Rights, Youth.