CELT - Centre for Environmental Living and Training
Tuamgraney, County Clare
Contact person: Bob Wilson
- Environmental organization
- Environmental project
- Educational policy/project
- Volunteers are welcome.
The Centre for Environmental Living and Training (CELT) is a community group and registered charity dedicated to environmental awareness, education and training.
Main objects are:
• The advancement of Environmental Education through assisting schools with projects and educational programmes, encouraging national and international student and volunteer exchanges, providing a focal point for information sharing and offering training courses for adults linking to projects for schools, landowners and others in the community.
• The provision of Environmental Education and information networking facilities.
Subsidiary objects are:
• To provide training of all skilled workers and/or directors and provide training for the community and visitors to the community.
• To provide a consultancy service and resources for the use of all members of the community.
• To work for the relief of poverty by offering skilled employment opportunities within the Community
Our aims and objectives are:
• Increasing Environmental Awareness through an active schools programme, student exchanges, training courses for adults, skills demonstrations and networking with other groups and organisations.
• Nature Conservation through involvement in local projects and working with initiatives such as the Clare Biodiversity Action Plan. Also by promoting planting and use of native trees.
• Promoting Renewable Energy through demonstrations and displays of specialist equipment and materials and making available relevant information and training.
• Keeping alive Traditional Countryside Skills and Crafts through bringing together local and national experts to provide training and education for all levels.
• Promoting Healthy Food Production through providing information, education and training in organics, permaculture, agroforestry, companion planting, etc.
• Sustainable Living
CELT host a variety of environmental skills training courses throughout the year – topics include:
• Traditional & Ecological Skills,
• Agroforestry / Forest Gardens,
• Herb Lore,
• Wood Carving,
• Natural Building skills
Bob Wilson is the Company Secretary of CELT.
For other net participants we can offer an expert guidance through trained staff, give an expert opinion, procure expert information and establish new contacts in the field of our work.