Contact person: Zwetsch, Irene
- Aid for developing countries
- Antiracism, policy of integration
- Women's policy
- Overnight facilities
The CIGA-Brasil - Center of Integration and Support - was officially established on April 17, 1998, in the city of Basle.
An association was created, without lucrative butts, without any religious or political tendency and with the following objectives:
- To offer support and solidarity to the Brazilians in the adaptation process to the new culture
- To promote the contact and greater integration between the Brazilians that live in Switzerland and bordering cities of France and Germany and between the partners from CIGA-Brasil and other Brazilian groups in these three countries
- To promote the contact with Swiss, French and German organizations that are interested in the Brazilian culture and want to develop a joint work
- To cultivate and to promote the Brazilian culture
- To undo the stereotype of Brazilians in Europe, showing another mentality and capacity of work
- Information and Counselling Service in the legal, medical, social, psychological and pedagogical areas
- Translation services
- Contact with official agencies
- Social and cultural activities.
Among the activities developed so far we can distinguish the Meeting Point for adults and children and the Information and Counselling Service. Since 2001 we are improving our information service through our homepage as well as our bulletin, CIGA-Informando, launched every two months. We have started the second half of 2002 with two other projects: a German course for beginners, and a Crèche, where the children can play and have contact with other Brazilian descendents. The stress in cultural, information and social activities will also go on in the future.
We know that there is no "standard recipe" to reach our objectives. One thing, however, is clear for us: the basic ingredient is the support and the solidarity that we receive from all the people who take part in our activities, and also from other groups.
For other participants we can offer overnight facilities, inform about our work and establish new contacts.