Portavoz: Marium Ahmad
- Política social/Discapacitados
- Política de la mujer / Proyecto feminista
- Política / Proyecto de educación
- Ayudantes voluntarios serán bienvenidos.
Aahung is a non-profit, Karachi-based non-governmental organization that has been working to improve the sexual health of men, women and adolescents since 1995. Aahung has its roots in the Karachi Reproductive Health Project (KRHP) and the AIDS Awareness Program (AAP), both of which sought to raise awareness and improve sexual health services specifically in and for select low income communities.
Aahung has now broadened the scope of its activities. Its experience working with a number of partners has enabled it to develop innovative and interactive trainings and clinical and advocacy programs that address the full range of sexual health issues in Pakistan. Its services include the provision of direct awareness (workshops, seminars a. outdoor festivals) and IEC materials (it is continuously developing information, education, communication materials that provide comprehensive, appropriate, and accessible sexual health information to individuals), capacity building support, clinical and counselling services and consulting services.
Its mission is, to advocate for an enabling environment, where every individual's sexual rights are respected, protected and fulfilled as an inalienable human right. In order to bring about systemic and enduring change, Aahung employs a multi-level approach at the individual, community, institutional and national level. Aahung's aims are to:
- strengthen the clinical service provision of sexual and reproductive health,
- integrate life skills education in schools,
- incorporate sexual health in medical curricula,
- promote a rights-based approach to reproductive health, including HIV/AIDS policies and programs,
- promote gender equitable laws and policies.
Aahung has worked with schools, universities and non-governmental organizations in the health, education and human rights sectors as well as hospitals, international agencies and various national and provincial government departments.
For other net participants we can offer an expert guidance through trained staff, give an expert opinion, deliver a lecture, procure expert information and establish new contacts in the field of our work.