Cheery Children Education Centre (CCEC)
Mashimoni Kibera Slum; P.O. BOX 22890
Contact person: Jairus Makambi
+254 (0)720827533; +254 (0)722489177
- Aid organization
- Educational policy/project
- Environmental organization
- Volunteers are welcome.
The Cheery Children Education Centre (CCEC) was founded in 2009 and is located in the heart of Kibera slum in Nairobi, Kenya at Mashimoni. We are a small educational institution offering humanitarian assistance and caring for the needs of the poverty stricken children in Nairobi's Kibera slum, the largest slum here in Africa by population and size.
To bring out the potential skills and knowledge in the young people, to be used in our country and the world at large. To quench the thirst for education in the children for a better tomorrow.
To transform the society through a holistic form of education involving spiritual, mental and physical, that will see the Centre grow into a beacon of change
• Establish a well-equipped education centre with the relevant technology to promote a competitive edge in a fast paced globalizing world
• Enhanced Outreach, Evangelism and Discipleship to raise and nurture God fearing and responsible and well-rounded students
• Provide material and financial support to the vulnerable children at CCEC
• Provision of affordable quality education
• Skills training for children and the youth and promote enhanced organizational capacity, and building a strong financial resource base
• Establish a sustainable feeding program for the CCEC children.
In addition to the above objectives the CCEC will endeavor to help mature people to achieve self-reliance through vocational training, peer guidance and counseling. Organize and run monthly meetings for the vulnerable children from the instituted community groups within the slums, towards behavior change and empowerment through vocational training, conferences, target group picnics, rallies and other activities that would build them spiritually and positively.
• Primary program: The primary learning program is on course which will support students up to grade 8 based on the Kenyan curriculum. The program is demanding due to the fact that the students need some basic needs to create a good learning environment thus desks, books and school uniforms and above all classrooms.
• Nursery: The nursery caters for the small children who have reached school going age. For the program to run effectively we need support from well-wishers. Currently, we have volunteer teachers and support staff who also need support for their upkeep.
• Baby Care: CCEC is open to take care of vulnerable children, whose parents/guardians are unable to keep at home due to lack of food and other basic essential needs. The poverty level in the slum which is the largest in Africa forces the single parents/guardians to abandon these children in search of casual jobs for their upkeep. This calls for sponsors to come on board and support these children pay tuition, buy uniforms, help them get at least one meal per day during school hours, provide them with learning materials e.g. books, desks etc.
• Child Sponsorship: It costs per month to sponsor a child at CCEC, which totals to 0 per year. This fund caters for food and tuition.
Jairus Makambi is the Founder of the Cheery Children Education Centre (CCEC).
For other net participants we can offer an expert guidance through trained staff, give an expert opinion, procure expert information and establish new contacts in the field of our work.