A Breeze of Hope
10 Scarlet Oak Drive
19041 Haverford, Pennsylvania
Portavoz: Brisa De Angulo
- Organización de apoyo
- Derechos humanos
- Política de la mujer / Proyecto feminista
- Ayudantes voluntarios serán bienvenidos.
Founded in 2004, A Breeze of Hope Foundation exists to provide free legal, social, and psychological services to victims of sexual violence, to eradicate sexual violence through transdisciplinary prevention strategies, and to foster a society that encourages healthy and comprehensive childhood development.
We believe that, to prevent sexual violence and other forms of violence against children, especially girls, there must be a paradigm shift in the way society sees and interacts with children. In essence, we must work with this generation´s children to prevent the next generation´s problems (e.g. sexual violence and other forms of violence, addiction, indifference to the suffering of others, ill health, etc.).
Our mission at a Breeze of Hope is to:
• restore the lives of those who've suffered childhood sexual violence by providing them with free, holistic support
• eradicate sexual violence through transdisciplinary prevention strategies
• promote healthy, comprehensive childhood development.
We envision a world in which children grow up in loving and richly nurturing environments in which they can experience the fullness of life.
What we do
Direct services and prevention of sexual violence
• Primary prevention: strategies aim to remove the causes of sexual violence at a structural level. They aim to reduce factors that contribute to the formation of sexual predators, to stop sexual violence before it happens.
• Secondary prevention: strategies aim to reduce the prevalence of sexual violence by providing immediate responses to sexual violence that deal with short-term consequences. These strategies prevent children from suffering further sexual violence and revictimization. Central to these strategies are free psychological, social, medical, and legal services, including the legal prosecution of sexual predators. Prosecution and appropriate punishment of sex offenders limits their capacity to harm other children and further damage society.
• Tertiary prevention: strategies are long-term responses to sexual violence that deal with long-term consequences. These strategies are central to the restoration of survivors´ rights and require long-term support and rehabilitation programs for survivors, as well as long-term interventions in social, educational, and familial environments where sexual violence has occurred.
• Technical and Financial Support: We financially support and provide consultation services to centers that provide free legal, psychological, and/or social services to child and adolescent victims of sexual violence.
• Transdisciplinary Strategies for the Prevention of Sexual Violence: We engage in a wide range of prevention activities in various countries. Our activities include: Workshops for Professionals; Workshops for Students; Media Presence; Public Policy and Legal Reform Advocacy; Research and Publicatons; Social Activism
• Centro Una Brisa de Esperanza (CUBE): CUBE is the first and only center in Bolivia to specialize in the provision of free psychological, legal, medical, and social services for child and adolescent victims of sexual violence.
Brisa De Angulo is the Founder and CEO of A Breeze of Hope.
For other net participants we can offer an expert guidance through trained staff, give an expert opinion, procure expert information and establish new contacts in the field of our work.