13 Twin Oaks Centre, Main Road,
WC 7130 Somerset West
Contact person: Gerard Thomas
+27 (0)21-8524234; +27 ( 027) 823203499
- Aid organization
- Social policy/disabled persons
- Educational policy/project
The Help-Me-Network (Community Service Provider) is a registered Public Benefit Organization (PBO) and also registered as a Not-for-Profit Organization.
Alcohol and Methamphetamine or "TIK" is now the most widely abused drug in the world and the dependency on methamphetamine has already reached epidemic proportions in the Western Cape. There is a direct link between drug abuse / addiction and HIV/Aids, abuse, drop-out rate at schools, early pregnancy and prostitution. This becomes a devastating and vicious cycle.
The purpose of Help-Me-Network (CSP) is to educate, prevent and also give patients access to specialist outpatient treatment The HMN (CSP) started as a response to hundreds of people requesting treatment for substance abuse other than the traditional, in-house treatment centres.
Briefly, the program features are:
• Awareness and Prevention: To ensure that individuals and communities know their socio-economic rights and responsibilities, for example international and national awareness programs; commemoration of days/weeks/months/years for specific causes; and prevention programs around substance abuse.
• Early Intervention: To identify vulnerable individuals and groups and ensure the provision of a range of developmental and therapeutic programmes and services, for example protective workshops; service centre’s etc.
• Statutory :To ensure the provision of statutory services and ensure compliance with statutory provisions, protocols and minimum standards, for example social work services; child abuse protocol; children’s court services; criminal court services etc.
• Reintegration: To ensure the provision of a range of aftercare and community based services that enhance positive life styles, self-reliance and optimal social functioning, for example reintegration programmes for offenders etc.
The Help-Me-Network CSP has a role to play in breaking this cycle. It is involved in education programs in schools where the dangers of experimentation with various substances are highlighted.
It has an Early Intervention program specifically geared for youth at risk who is using drugs or is already in the substance abuse phase.
Furthermore, it has the Matrix Treatment program for those who are already addicted. Individuals that come from in-patient treatment centres can be included in this program as part of their after-care treatment
• Screening and Testing
• Assesment and Diagnosis
• Individual Therapy
• Group Therapy
• Parental Counselling
• Referal Agency
• Case Management
• After Care Life Coaching
• Psycho Social Empowerment
• Employee Assistance Programmes (EAP)
Gerard R Thomas is a Director of the Help-Me-Network Community Service Provider (HMN CSP).
For other net participants we can offer an expert guidance through trained staff, give an expert opinion, procure expert information and establish new contacts in the field of our work.