Volunteer Action for Change Kenya (VACK)
P.O.Box 1376-00515; Mumias South Road, Epren Center, 3rd Floor, Room 17
Contact person: Fanuel Ayumba
+254770050626; +254723733124; +254725018980
- Educational policy/project
- Social policy/disabled persons
- Women's policy
- Volunteers are welcome.
Volunteer Action for Change Kenya (VACK) was founded in April 2013 to offer equal opportunities to the youth and women to be actively involved in the development process through volunteerism. Since its inception VACK has continuously given opportunities to both skilled and unskilled volunteers to contribute to service delivery in community projects within Kenya. VACK is a voluntary service organization. Our aim is to bring people from different cultures to work together towards a common goal. In turn this helps break down cultural stereotypes and lead to greater international understanding and peace. We do this by volunteer programme which works on offering services to community projects across Kenya where both local and international volunteers are actively involved on a global stage. VACK is a non-profit and non-governmental organization that provides services using the voluntarism approach that enhances the development process and service delivery of community development initiatives. Our main purpose is to promote peace, understanding, justice, development, and information exchange among Kenyans and within the international community.
VACK promotes community sustainable development through;
o International Volunteer Services – placement of volunteers at all areas of need.
o Capacity building – training individuals, organized community groups, organizational development among others.
o Youth Mobility and Exchange – we provide opportunities to the youth across the world to serve in different community projects, something that helps them to exercise their skills, knowledge and competences hence self-confidence for further effective participation in community development.
o Vocational skills development – We empower our partner organizations to develop and improve on skills, we attach skilled personnel to our partner organizations and empower them to train youth for employability skills
o Youth Empowerment and Leadership Initiative – This program aims at enhancing skills development, critical awareness and creating opportunities for youths. Under this program we have career guidance and exploration, job preparedness, skills matching, mentorship, entrepreneurship and life skills development
Our vision is Volunteerism for uncompromising sustainable development.
VACK mission is to improve and spearhead the safe and wellbeing of the communities we serve through volunteering interventions.
“Volunteering to Better All” captures our philosophy of service.
To recognize young people and women as a valuable resource to society development, and upholding their rights to participate in the development of policies affecting them by means of a continuous structured dialogue with young people, women and youth organisations.
1. Developing and promoting viable voluntary service opportunities for both local and international volunteers thus actively contributing to the development of the society
2. Developing and supporting a national volunteering infrastructure that ensures best practice in volunteering
3. Supporting development of experimental projects and programmes to try out new and innovative ideas and to exchange good practices
4. Enhance the mobilization of resources in realizing sustainable community development initiatives
5. Creation of awareness and sensitizing local communities, especially women and youth concerning environment friendly development.
6. Promoting responsible attitudes for HIV/AIDS Prevention and Care by increasing the level of awareness especially among the youth
7. Assisting community institutions and organizations in promoting and delivering sustainable services in education, skills development, health, leadership training, ICT development, entrepreneurship and agriculture
8. Assisting young people in their personal and social development so as to encourage growth in self-esteem and confidence and help young people to learn from their experiences and cope with positive and critical feedback.
9. Helping young people to gain a greater understanding and respect for their own traditions and those of others by engaging in programmes that reflect the principles of equality, equity, diversity and inter dependence.
Capacity building projects:
• Active4Future: Project Active for Future aims to develop skills, knowledge and competences of youth workers to increase their productivity and also youth to increase their chances for employment. To train youth workers and to give them new tools that can be used in their daily activities will develop environment for fostering youth employment.
• Strengthening Sub-Saharan youth career paths: The project aims to increase and develop youth workers competences in Career Guidance/education services for underprivileged youths in Sub-Saharan Africa regions.
Fanuel Ayumba is the Communication & Partnership Administrator of Volunteer Action for Change Kenya (VACK).
For other net participants we can offer an expert guidance through trained staff, give an expert opinion, procure expert information and establish new contacts in the field of our work.