Mkuza Youth Development Association (MYODA)
Kibaha – Pwani
Contact person: Obedy Kuguru
- Aid organization
- Educational policy/project
- Social policy/disabled persons
- Volunteers are welcome.
Mkuza Youth Development Association (MYODA) was founded in 2003 by Obedy Kuguru. As child he had the lucky chance to get support from a German family for his education. From that point he decided to give this possibility to other children. When he came back to Kibaha after finishing school, he was met by the same reality that most of the Tanzanian youth face: The lack of education and work opportunities. In the light of this he started two new projects. The first project was concerning small kids, the second concerning youths.
MYODA is a non-governmental, non-profit making youth organization placed in Kibaha District outside Dar Es Salaam, Tanzania.
MYODA is teaching the youth the value of education, the power of the individual and inspiring them to reach for their goals. MYODA is aiming to help the community through educating the youth.
In January 2003 Mkuza Nursery School opened. The school was meant for orphans and otherwise vulnerable children in the community.
• Sustainable youth development: The work concerning sustainable youth development has been done at Mkuza Nursery School, by providing pre-form-one courses for students entering secondary school, and by conducting seminars on entrepreneur skills for youths. Furthermore MYODA in May 2010 opened a new youth center, Vision Academic Center, where youths can be taught English, Math and other school subjects, and hopefully soon computer skills.
• Poverty eradication: MYODA runs Vicoba seminars (Village Community Bank) to teach about micro financing and Myoda runs a Hot Culture programm, to teach farming and selling vegetables for the community. To support women we teach gender equality.
• Fighting against HIV/AIDS: MYODA provides HIV/AIDS workshops and seminars. In addition to providing prevention knowledge, MYODA do home visits to families with HIV-positive members and supports theme to keep on a normal life.
• MYODA has a joint venture with the Tanznanian Albino Associaton to support the many disadvanteged Ablbinos in our region and to teach disability awareness. We try to explain to the community that Albinos are human beings and the same as everybody else because some of the people believe that Albinos are ghosts.
Obedy Kuguru is the Founder and Chairman at the Mkuza Youth Development Association (MYODA).
For other net participants we can offer an expert guidance through trained staff, give an expert opinion, procure expert information and establish new contacts in the field of our work.