Becky´s Foundation (Beckfound)
PO Box SB3; h/32, Ohia Ma Adwen, Korle-bu Road,
Interlocuteur: Seth Asiedu
- Communauté, projet communal
- Politique + projet d'éducation
- Politique sociale/hommes handicapés
- Possibilité passer la nuit.
- Bénévoles sont les bienvenus.
Established in 2012 and based in a historic coastal community of Senya Beraku – Ghana, the local non-profit organization Becky´s Foundation (Beckfound) works to improve the quality of life of the most vulnerable children. The projects of the Foundation are orphanage home, preparatory school, soccer academy for a social change. Beckfound through its international volunteering networks supports other credible community projects in health and special needs.
Through Beckfound´s volunteering and internship operations in the local communities, aimed at enhancing the sharing of experiences, resources, information, skills, as well as deepening inter-cultural relations, understanding and mutual respect, credible community projects focused on healthcare, education, and special needs are duly supported.
To team up with like-minded people and organizations to empower unprivileged people and communities through sustainable projects in education, health, attitudinal changes, and skill training.
To see local communities in which every individual could reach his/her full potential irrespective of their circumstances, religion, gender, or ethnicity.
• Orphanage Home Project: Local authorities, international volunteers, and benevolent organizations have supported building a comfortable facility (Becky´s Home) housing about 50 disadvantaged children and their caregivers.
• Grassroot Teaching Projects: Beckfound operates its own daycare, primary school, and junior high-school in Senya-Beraku. Becky´s Home´s school-aged children attend Becky´s Preparatory School for free.
• Medical/Healthcare Projects: Becky´s Foundation from time to time organizes medical camps to provide free medical screenings and preventative public health education campaigns in Senya-Beraku and its rural surroundings.
• Soccer for Social Change Project: Becky´s Foundation has a soccer academy, which consists of under 13, 15, and 17 boys´ soccer teams that participate in the district soccer league.
• Special Needs Services Project: We are fortunate to have a great working relation with a sister organization that runs a school solely for people with special needs, providing them with emotional and physical support that is to say a variety of therapies, counseling, formal education, and job training.
Seth Asiedu is a Co-Founder of Becky´s Foundation (Beckfound).
For other net participants we can offer overnight facilities. Also we can offer an expert guidance through trained staff, give an expert opinion, procure expert information and establish new contacts in the field of our work.