Amcha Ghar Charitable Trust
406/407, A-Wing, Deep Sagar Bldg, Uttan Light House Road, Motha Gaon, Uttan, Bhayander West
401106 Thane, Maharashtra
Portavoz: Agatha Sushila Dias
- Organización de apoyo
- Política / Proyecto de educación
- Política social/Discapacitados
- Ayudantes voluntarios serán bienvenidos.
Amcha Ghar is a legitimate NGO and established in 1996 as a non-profit organisation in the greater area of Mumbai.
Amcha Ghar, a home for girls is dedicated to helpless female children – irrespective of their religion or caste- who are susceptible to the vulnerable conditions of living on the street. The home aims to educate the girls in an English medium school, to train and transform them into skilled adult women who are able to live an independent life in the main stream of society.
Mission & Vision
We pledge to improve their lives, with our love, concern and dedication.
Our vision is to produce outstanding citizens through holistic development that brings them into the mainstream of society.
Amcha Ghar´s goal is for its residents to gain a valuable education that will produce a self-sufficient individual, in the Extension Home so that they can manage in this fast paced and competitive world. Children who are completely orphan, we care or support till their marriage life.
What we do.
• Community Support
• Providing Sanctuary: Through our dedicated team of field social workers and well wishers, including the Mumbai police, we offer children wishing to make a break from street life the opportunity to do so. At the ´Home`, the staff undertakes the identification and rehabilitation process of each child in order to understand and address their individual needs. We offer family counseling and parental job placement assistance, with the ultimate aim of strengthening the families so that girls can be reunited with their parents.
• Daily Activities: Nutritious meals; Hygienic washing facilities for the children and their clothing; Formal English Medium School; On-site skills training in computer technology, sewing, music, etc.; Skills training placements in the community with local tradesmen; Life skills lessons on HIV/AIDS, first aid, relationships, personality development; Group and individual counseling; Sports and other recreational activities; Monthly medical check-up and monitoring of height, weight and BMI.
• School: Amcha Ghar School; Amcha Ghar Kinder gardens; Amcha Ghar’s Intervention to municipal primary school
• Computer Classes
Agatha Susheela Dias ia a Co-Founder and Chairperson of Amcha Ghar.
For other net participants we can offer an expert guidance through trained staff, give an expert opinion, procure expert information and establish new contacts in the field of our work.