Academy of Grassroots Studies and Research of India (AGRASRI)
(Working towards Self-sufficient Village Republics of India)
Plot No.11, Sri Venkata Sai Nilayam, Thummalagunta, S.V. University PO
517502 TIRUPATI, Andhra Pradesh
Persona de contacto: Dr.Dornadula Sundar Ram
- Política / Proyecto de educación
- Política de la mujer / Proyecto feminista
- Derechos humanos
- Ayudantes voluntarios serán bienvenidos.
The Academy of Grassroots Studies and Research of India (AGRASRI), an ICSSR Grant-in-aid Research Institute for Maintenance and Development, has organised the ICSSR Sponsored 2-day National Seminar on 'Village@75: Role of Villages in Nation Building: Achievements, Challenges and Solutions', on 19 and 20 August,2022 at Hotel Bliss, Tirupati,as part of the 75 Years of India's Independence Celebrations.
Dr. W.R. Reddy, IAS (Retd.), Former Director-General of the National Institute of Rural Development and Panchayati Raj, Govt. of India, has Inaugurated the National Seminar on 19 August with address. Many distinguished policy makers, academicians, researchers and elected representatives of Panchayati Raj from Andhra Pradesh, Telangana, Tamil Nadu, Karnataka, Kerala, Maharashtra, Goa and Odisha states have participated in the proceedings of the National Seminar in 5 Technical Sessions, 2 Open Discussion Sessions, besides the Inaugural and Valedictory Sessions.
Academy of Grassroots Studies and Research of India (AGRASRI), Tirupati was registered in 2001 as an autonomous, independent, non-political, non-profit and Professional Non-Governmental Organisation (NGO), being headquartered at Tirupati, Andhra Pradesh.
The motto of AGRASRI is Sarve Bhavanthu Sukhinaa - Prosperous Life and Inclusive Growth by all.
It is founded to provide an environment suitable for the study and promotion of academic research, training, policy advocacy and networking in grassroots democratic institutions for self-sufficient Village Republics. The primary object of the academy is to develop a sound and efficient grassroots democratic system in India for achieving the Gandhian dream of Gram Swaraj.
The Vision of Academy is to enhance the people´s participation in development programmes and sound management of rural local self-governments through grassroots democracy and process of democratic decentralisation in the form of statutory Panchayati Raj Institutions, as self sufficient Village Republics in India.
Academy´s mission is to:
• Cater the needs of elected representatives of Panchayati Raj Institutions, Municipal bodies and administrative personnel of Panchayati Raj Institutions and Nagar Palika administration;
• Bridge the communication gap between the officials and non-officials of the Panchayati Raj and Nagar Palika Institutions;
• Conduct innovative study and research on contemporary political and socio-economic issues and problems in an inter-disciplinary perspective and to make available its findings and recommendations to the key policy makers at the helm of affairs for an appropriate action;
• Open a new vistas of the Academy´s programmes to various professional organisations in India and abroad for strengthening grassroots democratic theories and ideas; and
• Build regional, national and international networks, with organisations working on grassroots studies and research.
Projects and programmes:
• Academic Programmes: National Seminars/Conference/Workshops/Round-Table Meetings
• Special Programmes: Bharat Ratna Rajiv Gandhi Memorial Lecture
• Capacity Building & Training Programmes
• Orientation Programmes
• Awareness Programmes: As a professional NGO- the AGRASRI is bringing out awareness among the rural mass, Self-Help Group members, school children, tribal population and social activists towards the micro-planning, AIDS, communicable diseases, environment protection, clean and green, Right to Information Act and other social related issues through essay writing, elocution competition, quiz, debates, symposia and rural camps, with the help of university professors, medical doctors, NGO´s and other enlightened persons.
• Youth Resource Centre: To realise "Development of Youth" and "Youth for Development"; Organise life skills, computer training, personality development, livelihoods and employment, and health related programmes for the school and the college students of the area; Develop vocational skills of rural young women and enabling them to supplement their family income for sustainable livelihood.
The Academy of Grassroots Studies and Research of India is recognised under 80G and 12A under the Income Tax Act,1961, Ministry of Finance, Govt. of India and Corporate Responsibility Fund (CSR), Ministry of Corporate Affairs, Govt. of India, besides as Nodal Agency by the Govt.of India and Govt. of Andhra Pradesh.
Prof. Dornadula Sundar Ram is the Founder Director and Chief Functionary of the Academy of Grassroots Studies and Research of India (AGRASRI). Mrs. D.Bharathi Sundar is the Co-founder and President of AGRASRI.
For other net participants we can offer an expert guidance through trained staff, give an expert opinion, procure expert information and establish new contacts in the field of our work.