Africa Women and Youth Organization (AWYO e.V.)
Menzel Strasse 28,
Contact person: Elizabeth Adekunle
- Educational policy/project
- Women's policy
- Commune, community project
- Volunteers are welcome.
Africa Women and Youth Organization (AWYO) is a Non Governmental Organization with offices in Germany and Nigeria committed to educating, equipping and empowering African women and young people to effectively create the desired positive change within their communities and serve as active players in the decision making processes of their communities.
AWYO recognizes social awareness, knowledge and economic independence as key ingredients to the development of young Africans as equal stakeholders in their communities. As a result of this AWYO since 2006 has committed itself to serving as a developmental catalyst in enhancing the contributions of women and young people to development through trainings, seminars, community mobilization and development projects, knowledge sharing.
To empower young people by building their leadership virtues, creating mentorship, economic and educational opportunities for them to become positive change agents in their communities.
To be recognized as the premier resource centre for excellent development of African change agents.
Our five thematic areas are:
• Cultural and Educational Development: Hands on training through internships, cultural youth exchange initiatives and human capital development through scholarship schemes, music and arts workshop, short educational courses for women. We also target building bridges between European and African culture.
• Entrepreneurial Empowerment: Concrete training and empowerment with the introduction of Business extension workers.
• Democracy and Good Governance Development: Mainstreaming youth and women participation in decision making processes. Understanding of civic rights and duties. Social support for enhancing rights, educate youth and children to be ambassadors of peace in their schools and communities
• Research and development
• Social and Human rights
• Women Entrepreneurship Training
• Youth Entrepreneurship Training
• Charity Support
• Democratic Women Leadership Training
• FEEDER Project
• Women Educational Training Courses
Elizabeth Adekunle ist he Executive Director of Africa Women and Youth Organization (AWYO).
For other net participants we can offer an expert guidance through trained staff, give an expert opinion, procure expert information and establish new contacts in the field of our work.