Towards a brighter future
Portavoz: Ms Shobha Murthy
- Organización de apoyo
- Política / Proyecto de educación
- Política de la mujer / Proyecto feminista
- Ayudantes voluntarios serán bienvenidos.
AARAMBH is a non-profit charity organization based and working in Navi Mumbai (New Bombay), India. This non-government organization (NGO) was created as a Community Service Center for the most marginalized families living in urban slum communities and rural areas.
Our goal is to provide educational, health and vocational skills to underprivileged children and women. AARAMBH is registered with the – The Charity Commissioner – Mumbai, The Income Tax Department and the Home Ministry –(FCRA) Government of India.
Catalyze social and economic change in marginalized communities with focus on the rights of underprivileged children and empowerment of women.
Our current objectives can best be summarized as follows:
• Motivate parents from slum communities to send their children to school
• Encourage women to acquire skills that will help them earn reasonable wages
• Network with local governments & community groups to create bonds for collective action towards effective utilization of public services
• Sensitize the local community about Child Rights
• Enhance the capacity of the youth groups to take leadership roles in the community
• Educational activities for children who have dropped out of school
• Enrollment of out of school children into regular schools
• Eliminating child labor in the slum communities by awareness programs for parents
• Regular health camps & follow ups for children
• Cultural activities for self expression
• Training in vocational skills training for including screen printing, paper products and computer courses
• Leadership training for youth
• Sponsorships for needy students to enable them to pursue their education through high school and college
• Health awareness camps
• Vocational skills training & income generation including tailoring, embroidery, candle making, crafts, etc
• Through our savings groups, women are encouraged to open and operate their own bank accounts, and to save for a rainy day.
• Health education and adult literacy classes
• Leadership skills
Shobha Murthy is the Founder Trustee and Director of AARAMBH.
For other net participants we can offer an expert guidance through trained staff, give an expert opinion, procure expert information and establish new contacts in the field of our work.