Arbeitsstelle WELTBILDER e.V.
Fachstelle für Interkulturelle Pädagogik und Globales Lernen
Contact person: Elisabeth Marie Mars
- Educational policy/project
- Media project
- Volunteers are welcome.
The “Weltbilder Centre“ is a specialist unit for cross-cultural education and global learning. It was founded in 1990 and is based in Münster, Germany.
The focus of our work is on the development, selection and systematisation of holistic teaching methods, particularly in relation to sustainable education for sustainable development.
The “Weltbilder Centre“ is not only a centre for global learning and cross-cultural education, but also an experimental space for innovative developments in education.
We want people to realise how their view of the world is made up. We are convinced that an awareness of our interdependence is a prerequisite for successful global learning and cross-cultural education. We appreciate differences and diversity for what they are: the basis of all life.
Our organization has developed forms of learning which are centred on sustainability and holistic living. It advises educational institutions, works on projects and issues publications.
The Centre provides learning material for teaching about global interrelationships and cosmopolitanism. It also works on projects which develop key skills such as self-critical thinking and the capacity for understanding and cooperation. Education experts implement numerous projects commissioned by public financial backers, including the Federal Ministry for Environment and Development.
• “ideen.transfair”: to enable ideas to make a difference and for them to transfer into developmental education - this is the basic idea of the film project that we are working on, together with “WORLD MOVIES”. In addition to the production of four short films "ideen.transfair" offers media training programs for returnees from “Weltwärts” international volunteer placements and for young volunteers, to motivate them to actively participate in a socially and environmentally responsible company.
• “globalista”: the qualification program “globalista” supports volunteers upon arrival after overseas tours. Objectives of globalista are: knowledge transfer from "South to North", the development of attractive forms of communication for development education and an increase in cross-cultural competence or qualifications for “Weltwärts” returnees.
• welt.bilder: This project is an educational, learning and reflection project within the framework of the volunteer service “Weltwärts”. It aims at developing an insight into the cultural bondage of their own world view and strengthens the skills that are needed to shape globalization.
• um.welt: The international project um.welt deals with the connections between climate change, conservation of biodiversity and cultural diversity. The project is aimed primarily at young people, but also at teachers and multiplicators in environmental and developmental education work.
• Culture of Peace: under the series title "Culture of Peace" we have been conducting various experiments since 2002, to track down all the conditions that can lead to a culture of peace.
Elisabeth Marie Mars is the founder and leader of the Weltbilder Centre.
On request we can offer other net participants advice, give a presentation, and provide up-to-date information and contacts in the field of our work.