Larger Than I Developmental Foundation (LTIDF)
NO. 43, Old PDP Secretarial Road,
Yenizue-gene 569101, Yenegoa, Bayelsa State
Contact person: Kemi Ogiemudia
- Aid organization
- Commune, community project
- Educational policy/project
- Volunteers are welcome.
Larger Than I Developmental Foundation (LTIDF) is a Non-Governmental Organizarion instituitionalized in 2014, having been in operation since 2007, with its headquarter located in Yenagoa, the capital of Bayelsa State, Nigeria.
Our focus is to advocate for challenged children and families with special needs children, to enable them locate, obtain, and use relevant and available resources such as early clinical diagnosis and educational services, in order to enable the children overcome social stigma and limitations, so that they can live up to their full potentials. Our target audience is children between the age of 0-12 years
To reduce the rate of disability through early intervention, and enable children age 0 -12 years with mental and physical challenges overcome their disability and other social-cultural and religious stigmas in order to live up to their full potentials.
To improve the lives of challenged children through organised outreaches, seminars and awareness campaigns and also by establishing health, educational and rehabilitation/counselling centres to enable families locate, obtain and use relevant resources and services for their children to overcome their challenges be fully integrated into society.
What we do
LTIDF organises interactive meetings, outreaches, seminars educational training, Radio/TV advocacy programs and health care interventions that will help relieve the pain and challenges of challenged people especially children and their parents, guardians and teachers.
Our strategies include:
• Outreaches into villages and communities to bring out the challenged people and their parents to enjoy the available facilities for special children.
• Provision of a platform for a proper medical check-up, diagnosis of specific disabilities and prompt intervention.
• Collaboration with government agencies for the introduction of policies for improved intervention.
• Early counselling for new Parents of children with physical, mental, sensory and behavioral disability.
• Educational and therapeutic centers for early intervention for the alleviation of the effect of disability on the children.
• Education: The foundation has set up an inclusive school and training centre where all children can learn without prejudice. The children from communities are enrolled in the state special school as we locate them. The foundation transports them from their community to and fro the school. They are given other interventions like audiology checks, hearing aids and medical services at reduced cost at the Federal Medical Center.
• Health: We offer health counselling the parents for parents whose children have disabilities e.g Speech therapy
• Prevention of disabilities: Lager than I educate parent and the general public on how to prevent disabilities in children through their public campaign programs
• General intervention: We provide therapy or our special needs children. For example Applied behavior analysis (ABA) is often referred to as the gold standard of autism therapy, largely because therapists set very specific, measurable goals and often succeed in teaching skills
• Advocacy: We advocate for children living with disability through engagement with the government and all other agencies that are part of policy making
• Outreach: We carry out various outreaches to communities to enlighten and offer help to those in need
Pst Kemi Ogiemudia is the President/CEO of Larger Than I Developmental Foundation
For other net participants we can offer an expert guidance through trained staff, give an expert opinion, procure expert information and establish new contacts in the field of our work.