14 Beacon Street, Suite 503
MA 02108 Boston
Contact person: Scherazade Daruvalla King
- Media project
- Educational policy/project
- Volunteers are welcome.
amplifyme was founded in 2002 and is a nonprofit organization that engages people in positive change through the use of media arts. We use pop culture to inspire people to think differently about their power to create change in their lives and the lives of others through civic engagement. Our vision is of a world where people feel empowered to live their lives in a manner that drives inspiring and empowering messages into mainstream media channels. These messages will shift public consciousness to bring about transformative change.
Media, music, video, and the Web are the vehicles to enable change. The more individuals and organizations that become involved in our movement, the more amplified these combined voices become. In support of this vision, we have four strategic imperatives that guide all of our planning, organization and outreach initiatives. These imperatives address the following areas:
• Signature Programming—Develop unique, world-class programming that impacts individuals, can be replicated in multiple sites, and provides exploratory opportunities for audiences to apply amplifyme´s meta-message.
• Special Programs & Events—Build on our partnership network to support events in order to deliver positive messages into mainstream culture. Events have focused on educational opportunities and entertainment opportunities.
• Building Movement & Culture—Continue to grow the members of the amplifyme family in all levels—volunteers, partners, artists, and mentors.
• Organizational Sustainability—Ensure the success and sustainability of the amplifyme family to build upon support by those who contribute with their time with those who can contribute with their resources—Board of Directors, foundations and individual sponsors.
Our programs focus in four key areas—Media, Music, Video and the Electronic Community:
• Youth media institute: Empowers young people with the tools and resources to become future leaders in the media industry.
• Empowerment music program: Works with musicians to produce socially empowering commercially viable music messages.
• Movement pictures video program: Works with video artists to create and amplify socially responsible video messages in film and television.
• Electronic community media program: Serves as an online hub for all of amplifyme´s signature programs, as well as an interactive site for socially responsible music, video, and online community building.
amplifyme provides in-school workshops that can be delivered at your location as part of an afterschool program or adjunct to your curriculum. The focus of our workshops is to analyze how the media arts are currently messaging to our country´s youth, how might these messages can be cast in a more positive light in order to empower our youth to think about positive change. The workshops focus on three key areas:
• Civic Engagement
Scherazade Daruvalla King is the Founder and Executive Director of amplifyme.
For other net participants we can offer an expert guidance through trained staff, give an expert opinion, procure expert information and establish new contacts in the field of our work.