Hilfe für Menschen in Uganda - Freundeskreis Vincent Nakaana e.V.
Schmidts Kämpken 33
Contact person: Karl Heinz Wild, Ralf Dinkels
+49 (0)5975/8903; +49 (0)5975/919494
- Aid organization
- Educational policy/project
- Commune, community project
- Volunteers are welcome.
The Circle of Friends of Father Vincent has been supporting various projects to improve the living conditions of the inhabitants of Uganda since 2002, especially in Katimba and Lwamaggwa, where Father Vincent Nakaana worked. The focus here is particularly on promoting water and food supplies, the health centre and local schools.
On March 11th, 2012 we founded the association Help for People in Uganda - Freundeskreis Vincent Nakaana - and set up an association account. This gives us the opportunity to better coordinate our aid for Uganda.
The association is particularly active in the following areas:
• Educational measures: Financial support for children and young people to attend school, support for schools with associated projects, such as the purchase of PCs, projects such as the establishment of teachers' apartments, libraries, etc., support for projects in hospital wards, school kitchens, etc. All this is with reliable contact persons (here in particular Father Vincent Nakaana).
• Child sponsorship: organization, supervision, logistical and administrative tasks
• Health services: Here in particular the procurement of medicines, health care, etc.
• Infrastructure projects: Support for projects to improve the water supply (pumping stations, water drilling) and other useful infrastructure projects
• Every year since 2002, the “Freundeskreis Pater Vincent” has organized a day of action at the Elte community's potato festival with music, children's entertainment, a children's flea market, a raffle and much more. 100% of the net proceeds go to projects in Uganda.
• We also sponsor children in order to improve the educational situation. Here we cooperate with the Mwana Wange association, which focuses on the schooling of children. Long-term support is intended primarily for orphans and children from poor backgrounds
• With the support of the association we help Vincent Nakaana with his pastoral work in his community and with the improvement of the infrastructure. Here we support, for example, fencing in cattle meadows, creating banana and coffee plantations, building cattle drinking troughs and installing water and electrical lines
• Water project: As a focus of our work, we want to improve the local water supply. Successful projects have already been initiated here thanks to the commitment and cooperation of local water experts and well drillers and our selected experts and partners. In 2015, a rainwater filter system was installed in Katimba, so that sufficient water can now be filtered. The system is designed in such a way that it can be fed with rainwater as well as river water. Up to 500 liters are drawn there every day. Furthermore, deep boreholes are planned in Katimba and also in Lwamaggwa, so that a self-sufficient supply of water is possible outside the rainy season. In order to reduce the contamination of the drinking water, connections are made between the rainwater reservoirs and the pipes. Here, too, the aim is to build a team that can carry out the installations and maintenance independently.
• Future through education: This year we entered into a cooperation with Mwana Wange through which we initiate our sponsorships. Mwana Wange is committed to providing schooling for children in Uganda. With long-term financial support, orphans and children from poor backgrounds in particular should be able to attend school continuously. The aim of the aid is to give the young people hope that they will be able to take the future of their country into their own hands.
On request we can offer other net participants advice, give a presentation, and provide up-to-date information and contacts in the field of our work.