JUGNU - Lets Make Everyone Shine
16/459 I Block Bapa Nagar, Military Road Karol Bagh,
New Delhi – 110005
+91 9654967749; +91-9560656772
- Aid organization
- Educational policy/project
- Volunteers are welcome.
Jugnu let’s make everyone shine is a registered NGO under society registration act in India working for child rights and child education. It was set up in 2014 and is registered under the Societies’ Registration Act of 1860. There are an estimated 471.9 million children in India. We work for their rights and education such as for admission in school, quality education, support against child abuse and many more at a national, state and societal level. It provides education to the slum, financially weak and underprivileged children. We work in collaboration with many other NGO’s working on the same cause to support them as well.
Our Focus Areas
• Child Education: Jugnu has been working for child education since 2014 and ensuring quality and compulsary education among students
• Child Development: Child development is another focus area of Jugnu in which we are trying to develop self confidence and personality of students
• Environment: We are also sincere about our environment and we keep organise plantation drive in different areas to reduce the pollution level.
• Project Dakhila: The aim of the project was to enroll children in the government schools who were not attending the schools due to certain reasons.
• The SHIKSHA PROJECT was initiated in the month of August 2014 However the center of the project was established on 14 th November, 2014 on the occasion of children’s day. As per the survey conducted in the slums after one year of service in the project, the results were extremely good which clearly showed that there is an increase in the literacy rate and decrease in the dropout rate in the slums.
• Project RTE, 2016: This was the first implementation of the project RTE by jugnu with the help of Indus Action. As per the RTE section 12 (1) (c), 25% seats are reserved for Economically Weaker Sections (EWS) and socially disadvantaged groups in private schools.
• Project Qalam was the short term awareness project that only aimed at spreading awareness in Shahbad Daulatpur slums about their rights and privileges for the education and other basic needs. The project was founded on 2nd April and the members in various teams spread in the area and started to spread the awareness through various means such as through word of mouth, posters, home to home survey and street play.
• Project Khushi was introduced in the month of July and the objective of the project was to collect books from the students who had already passed out of their schools or classes, and then distribute them to the needy students of the government schools. The second objective of the project Khushi was to assist the needy students in their competitive level examination.
• The project Badhte Kadam is an awareness program for the EWS (Economically Weaker Sections) and SDG (Socially Disadvantaged Groups) enrollment in private schools under RTE section 12 (1) (c). The team of Jugnu society managed a survey in four different communities named as Shadipur, Zakhira, Geeta Colony, Badli and Seelampur to spread awareness among people about the project, and they also prepared a data sheet of parents and children. The team was able to cover 3-4 slums with 30-40 families each.
• Project Pehchan: Jugnu introduced PROJECT PEHCHAN to provide a way to spread awareness to the less affluent and the underprivileged sections of society, the importance of these identity-related documents like AADHAR card, Voter id card, Income certificate, and other documents, which would help them, at the time of admission of their kids, under a government scheme for EWS/DG admission.
For other net participants we can offer an expert guidance through trained staff, give an expert opinion, procure expert information and establish new contacts in the field of our work.