Blind Welfare Society (BWS)
F-5, Near New Police Station, Nihal Vihar
New Delhi - 110041
Contact person: Asha Bhola
- Aid organization
- Social policy/disabled persons
- Educational policy/project
- Volunteers are welcome.
Blind Welfare Society (BWS) is a registered non-government voluntary Organization. It was founded to undertake various projects in the field of Education, Employment, Training, and Rehabilitation for the people with visual challenges. Since inception, Blind Welfare Society meaningful initiatives have bagged various accolades in its shelf.
To enable visually impaired individuals to overcome the barriers that impede their independence and participation in society.
To empower individuals living with low vision or blindness to discover, develop and achieve their full potential.
• Hostel for Blind Girls: We run a very clean, hygienic and professionally managed high-quality hostel for the college going visually challenged girls.
• Free Folding Sticks Distribution Project: The organisation disburse folding sticks to blind persons without any cost as white cane has proved
• Marriages of Needy Blind Couples: We believe that visually challenged Boys and girls should live as normal life as possible…
• Financial Assistance Scheme: A unique scheme of giving financial aid to the blind students who come from economically poor background and marginalized sections of the society. This scheme has provisions to offer financial assistance up to INR 2000. Under the project, assistance is provided for various activities such as scribe expenses, academic charges or purchase of any aids or appliances which would be beneficial to the blind in enhancing their career goals.
• Braille Learning Project: There is no substitute for the ability to read, and therefore no digital alternative can replace Braille completely. Understanding the significant of Braille literacy, the special classes are conducted to train those needy people who have desire to learn Braille. These classes assist them in gaining command over Braille and boost their self-confidence too.
• Seminars & Workshops: We understand the importance of learning in the lives of people with vision loss. We organize seminars and workshops pertaining to Technology, Assistive Aids and Appliances, Personality Development, and so on.
Asha Bhola is the President of the Blind Welfare Society (BWS).
For other net participants we can offer an expert guidance through trained staff, give an expert opinion, procure expert information and establish new contacts in the field of our work.