Portavoz: Franklin Mikangou
- Antiracismo, Política de integración
- Política de la mujer / Proyecto feminista
- Organización de apoyo
- Ayudantes voluntarios serán bienvenidos.
Béto (Project for the Advancement of African Culture and Development Cooperation) was founded in January 2003. It is a non-profit organisation with the aim of promoting African culture, particularly in North Rhine Westphalia but also throughout the rest of Germany, and supporting initiatives which help Africans to help themselves. We wish to contribute to cultural encounters and thereby to international understanding.
In the Congolese language, béto means “us”.
An African magazine was published under the name “Béto” from 1985 to 1999. It dealt with cultural and north-south development topics.
What we do:
• Apart from publishing in print, Béto also publishes in the digital media and produces films. Béto organises African events and cross-cultural meetings.
• The second focus of our work is supporting social projects and African self-help projects, especially in the field of street children and the advancement of young people and women.
Projects dealing with culture and international understanding in Germany:
• Integration of young people by training, employment schemes in the field of music and home film production.
• Organisation of African and multi-cultural events.
Self-help projects in Africa
• assistance with the reconstruction of a village which was completely destroyed.
• Job centre and Home for women in Brazzaville
• school education, vocational training, children's Home for orphans and street children
Franklin Mikangou is the president of Béto.
On request we can offer other net participants advice, give a presentation, and provide up-to-date information and contacts in the field of our work.