Youth Social Advocacy Team (YSAT)
Rhino Camp Road, P.O.Box 661 Arua (U)
Contact person: John Jal Dak
- Aid organization
- Peace politics
- Women's policy
- Volunteers are welcome.
Youth Social Advocacy Team (YSAT) is a Community Empowerment & Peace Building Refugee Youth-led Organization that works to address the increasing culture of violence, promote youth skills development, innovations, capacity strengthening, food security & vulnerable livelihoods in Uganda.
YSAT is registered with Relief & Rehabilitation Commission in South Sudan as a National NGO in August 2019.
Youth Social Advocacy Team (YSAT) is a Community Empowerment & Peace Building Refugee Youth-led Organization that works to:
• address the increasing culture of violence among refugees and between them with host communities to enrich peaceful coexistence among different refugee communities in Rhino camp,
• promote youth & women empowerment through livelihoods & social innovations,
• lead the campaign against hate speech, SGBV and gender inequalities to promote self-reliance and support peace and development at the grassroots level
To create a platform where youth can work to address issues such as SGBV, unemployment, and gender inequality, and work to build a culture of peaceful co-existence among refugees and between them with host communities.
YSAT’s Vision is a society where youth, who are committed to gender equity, contribute to sustainable development and work to positively transform their nations.
• YSAT initiative of providing 1 million masks for refugees aims to reduce the risk of spreading the COVID-19 to refugees.
• CSOs capacity strengthening
• Environmental Protection
• Youth & women empowerment
• Advocacy using art, social media
• Peace building & conflict prevention
• Social innovations
John Jal Dak is the Founder & Executive Director of (Youth Social Advocacy Team) YSAT Uganda & South Sudan.
For other net participants we can offer an expert guidance through trained staff, give an expert opinion, procure expert information and establish new contacts in the field of our work.