AltenHilfe Afrika e.V. (AHA)
efie ne efie - Alt sein in Würde
Interlocuteur: Lucy Schnurpfeil
- Aide pour des pays en voie de dévellopement
- Communauté, projet communal
- Bénévoles sont les bienvenus.
AltenHilfe Afrika e.V. (AHA) is a non-profit organization based in Bonn on the river Rhine. From Germany we organize to support of projects for geriatic care in various African countries. The focus of our Work is currently in Ghana.
The projects run are implemented by reliable staff on site. From Germany we support the projects in many ways:
• We secure the finances
• We guarantee a potentially necessary transfer of knowledge
• We establish connections to other project partners
• We are the contact person for government and other aid organizations.
Those who want to help elders in African countries need to organise help right there. That is why the non-profit organisation AltenHilfe Afrika implements trendsetting pilot projects in cooperation with African Colleagues. These show which types of support are effective quickly but that also last in the long run.
On the way there, small steps are what we need to realise geriatic care on site. A few wheelchairs enable old people to move around their village, allowing them to get to their doctor. Understandable information about age-related illnesses prepares old patients for the sufferings ahead of them, whose reasons, effects and treatment methods they are currently unaware of. Caregivers at home can help these people to help themselves.
In the medium and long term, it is our goal to build centers for geriatic care, first one, then at further locations in Africa. These centres will not only provide elders with direct help. They shall also shine as good examples for similar projects.
• Building of a day care center
• Provision of sanitary facilities for those who need assistance with their personal care
• Setting up a care unit
• Organisation of home visits for ambulant patients
Lucy Schnurpfeil is the Chairman of AltenHilfe Afrika e.V. (AHA).
For other net participants we can offer an expert guidance through trained staff, give an expert opinion, procure expert information and establish new contacts in the field of our work.