Anchal Charitable Trust (ACT)
Anchal House, F-16, Naveen Shahdara
Delhi – 110032.
Contact person: Sanjeev Sheel
- Aid organization
- Social policy/disabled persons
- Educational policy/project
- Volunteers are welcome.
Anchal Charitable Trust (ACT) is an independent, professionally managed not-for-profit, non-political organization delivering a package of services covering ´need-felt´ areas for intervention for the differently abled. Our work priorities today are focused on Health, Disability and Child Rights.
Delivering what is essential and what is possible - NOW
To establish a social environment based on sustainable development, which takes care off and protects every child irrespective of his ability or disability and to accept this as the common responsibility of every member of a civilized society.
• To provide education and training opportunities through research oriented programmes in the field of social development.
• To create awareness on different types of disability through campaigns and mass media.
• To provide a package of developmental services in the area of health and education to the children staying in the slums of Delhi.
• To undertake different intervention programme related to HIV/ AIDS
Three major programmes being conducted by Anchal in Delhi – NCR
• A special school for children
• Community based rehabilitation
• Anchal Health Centre
The Anchal Special School, Jhilmil Industrial area, Delhi, handles with full competence 90 children and is currently supporting 2000 ++ families facing very challenging times due to their children with disability. All these children come from low income families, urban slums, resettlement colonies and attending school for the first time. We cater to the needs of physically and mentally challenged children and ensure to prevent neglect, apathy and ignorance and provide basic services: Giving Voice to the Voiceless; Full Medical Check-up; IQ Assessment; Special Education; Occupational, physio and speech therapy; Vocational Training; Counselling; Behaviour Modification; Home Modification; Recreation;
Provision of Teaching aids and training support equipment;
Improving mobility and maneuverability in the home and outside.
• Community Based Rehabilitation: This project ensures that children/adults with disabilities have access to rehabilitation facilities and services at the community level. The services includes access mainstream, primary inclusive education in the schools of the Municipal Corporation of Delhi, to ensure improved therapeutic skills of the parents and care-givers of the child thus assuring rehabilitation services in the home, Home modifications as per the need of child and creation of DIC-Disability Information centre with in community.
• ANCHAL COMPREHENSIVE HEALTHCARE & REHABILITATION CENTRE (ACHRC) project is a non-profit health activity providing complete super-specialty health-care and much needed support to our target communities under a single roof - access to comprehensive health services for all at a single point in the Delhi NCR focusing on: General OPD/Treatment by Specialists; Diagnostic Services/Pathology Lab; Dental Unit; Orthopaedic Department; Physio and Occupational Therapy; ENT; Ophthalmology.
Sanjeev Sheel is the Managing Secretary & Director of Anchal Charitable Trust (ACT).
For other net participants we can offer an expert guidance through trained staff, give an expert opinion, procure expert information and establish new contacts in the field of our work.