Society for Public Education, Cultural Training and Rural Action (SPECTRA)
E 11, Patel Nagar Mannaka Road
301001 Alwar-301001 Rajasthan
Contact person: Pradeep Singh Pundhir
- Educational policy/project
- Environmental project
- Women's policy
- Overnight facilities
- Volunteers are welcome.
Society for Public Education, Cultural Training and Rural Action (SPECTRA) is a voluntary, non-profit and non-government organization, registered under Rajasthan society’s act 1958. SPECTRA has been working since 1996-97 in the rural and interior pockets of Rajasthan to fulfil the educational and other social needs and requirements of deprived rural population. Child Rights, women development and awareness generation, environment stabilization, food-security, sanitation, education, rural industries for income generation, and empowerment of the community for self-governance are the most important components of its mission. Child and women rights, gender justice, youth empowerment, natural resource management, and livelihood security are our primary areas of concern.
SPECTRA is a professionally managed committed organization active in community capacity building and issue based networking. The primary focus of SPECTRA is on the problems of the poor in their struggle to obtain a life of justice and dignity.
We at SPECTRA envision a society where women and children including youth have the guaranteed opportunities of development that enables them exercise their right to education, health, livelihood and social security.
SPECTRA is dedicated for uplifting the status of women and children including youth especially those from the marginalized section of the society through various development initiatives.
Aims and objectives:
• To build the capacity of Government and NGOs in rural development programmes especially NRM and SHG Programmes.
• To improve the socioeconomic condition of the small and marginalized section of the community particularly tribal and women through various integrated rural development initiatives and innovations.
• To encourage mainstreaming of child recreation centres with mainstream education.
• To integrate the programmes and services moving from welfare towards development in long term sustainability for tribal and rural communities.
• To prevent human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) infection and its related illness and death.
• To improve health-related quality of life and well-being for all individuals.
• To improve pregnancy planning and spacing, and prevent unintended pregnancy.
• To improve the healthy development, health, safety, and well-being of adolescents and young adults.
• To work for the cause and care of deprived rural societies and improve their quality of life.
• To ensure the community`s active involvement and support in rural development programme
for its sustainability.
• To develop and implement poverty focus participatory approach in watershed development and water resource development program, which is sustainable and can be replicable to other areas of Rajasthan.
• To establish village base institutions such as society, saving and thrift credit group, SHGs etc for strengthening the process of participatory development in field of agriculture, health etc.
• To built up the capacity of community for self-reliant so that they can be able to identify their problems and self develop the solution through team spirit.
• Health & Sanitation
Preventing disease through vaccines and immunizations
Improving health for mothers and children
Access to safe water and healthy food
Girls Child Education Projec
Strengthening Girl`s participation in Secondary School Education
Talent Sourcing & Selection of LWE Interns Programme
• Community Based Institutions:
Self Help Groups (SHGs)
Women Farmers Club
Mahila Manch (Federation)
• Financial Literacy Programme
Agriculture Promotion; Training on Crop Management and SRI Technique; Ajola Establishment; Vermi Compost establishment
Animal Treatment Camp
Poultry Farming Programme
• Water Resource Management:
SPECTRA introduced Integrated Water Resources Management (IWRM) plan in Osian, Balesar and Bhopalgarh blocks of Jodhopur in Rajasthan. Integrated water resources management is a systematic process for the sustainable development, allocation and monitoring of water resource use in the context of social, economic and environmental objectives.
Pradeep Singh Pundhir is the Managing Director of Society for Public Education, Cultural Training and Rural Action (SPECTRA).
For other net participants we can offer an expert guidance through trained staff, give an expert opinion, procure expert information and establish new contacts in the field of our work.