Sahabhagi Vikash Abhiyan - SVA
Plot No 3816, Po-Ghatikia,
Contact person: Jagdish Pradhan
+91-674-2384257; +91-674-2384258; +91 9437044008
- Aid organization
- Educational policy/project
- Human rights
Sahabhagi Vikash Abhiyan (SVA) which literally means Campaign for Participatory Development started as a collective of several individuals and community based organizations (CBO) in the year 1993-94 to take up various development activities for upliftment of the down trodden and for the overall development of the local Communities. The members of SVA and its associated CBOs are mostly small and marginal farmers, tribals, dalits and agricultural workers of Odisha.
Vision & Mission
To establish a society where there will be no poverty and injustice and where people play the roe as subjects in the economic, social, cultural and political process of development and where people have constant access to decision making process and the power that affects their lives.
Aims & Objectives:
• To work through community groups and strengthen their capacity through appropriate inputs and assistance.
• To take initiative to organize community groups where such organization are non-existent.
• To promote Self Help Development, that will build confidence of the local people and not take away their initiatives.
• To stand by the groups who are struggling to exercise their basic human rights.
• To promote action that will protect the environment and ecology for sustainable livelihood.
• To assist in strengthening structures which are transparent, accountable to the community and which will benefit the people in their struggle against poverty and injustice.
• To sensitize the society about discrimination based on gender, caste, race and religion.
• Community based natural resource management
• Advocacy, campaign and public education activities
• Training and capacity building
• Relief and rehabilitation program
• Sustainable agriculture
• Promotion of farmers organisations
• Promotion of multiple cropping pattern
• Promotion of millets cultivation
• WADI(TDF) project
• Micro-watershed development
• Fluorosis mitigation program
• Rights of forest dwellers
• Promotion of agro industries, credit and marketing cooperatives
• Gram Swaraj Abhiyan (GSA)
• Technology, training and resource centrs
Jagadish Pradhan is the President of Sahabhagi Vikash Abhiyan – SVA.
For other net participants we can offer an expert guidance through trained staff, give an expert opinion, procure expert information and establish new contacts in the field of our work.