Vivegam Godfrey Trust
Vivegam Garden Road
Danishpet PO Omalur TK Salem DT-636354
Contact person: Edwin Prabhu Kumar
+91 9444249950; +91 9444899950; +91 4290240080/90
- Aid organization
- Educational policy/project
- Social policy/disabled persons
- Volunteers are welcome.
Vivegam Godfrey Trust was founded by Mr. Edwin Prabu Kumar in January 2010. We are a non-profitable Indian, UNO member organization providing support to the people in need of Tamil Nadu, specifically to the poor children. Vivegam Godfrey Trust cares for children, school dropouts, young girls, destitute women and elderly individuals in the villages surrounding Danishpet, India.
• Protect children and give them chances for the future
• Accommodate and provide medical care to the elders
• Secure and rehabilitate destitute women
Since our creation in January 2010, we have permitted dozens of poor children to access education in good conditions by giving:
• -free uniforms, material and scholarships
• -free diner and medicine each night
• -English lessons & homework support
• -emergency support against marriage and labour/abuse
It is important to note that all our actions are undertaken regardless to the religion, cast, gender or ethnicity of the child.
Our Projects & the Plan
Besides saving children, we also plan 2 other projects for neglected women and seniors. For the moment, we lack space to create the facilities required to welcome destitute women and elders.
As soon as we will be able to buy the neighbour field, we will build a Destitue Women Center and an Old Age Home to provide dignity and protection to each needy person.
Edwin Prabhu Kumar is the Chairman of Vivegam Godfrey Trust.
For other net participants we can offer an expert guidance through trained staff, give an expert opinion, procure expert information and establish new contacts in the field of our work.