5701 Sunset Drive, Suite 128; (inside of Sunset Place Mall)
Miami FL 33143
Contact person: Natalia Esnard
+1 (888) 702- 2583; +1 (786) 554-7436
- Aid organization
- Environmental project
- Commune, community project
- Volunteers are welcome.
BLUE Missions, founded in 2010, is a clean water charity and non-profit organization headquartered in Miami, FL, dedicated to ending the global water crisis.
Our mission is to connect communities to clean water and improved sanitation while cultivating a generation of global citizens through service driven travel. We are creating opportunities for people to find their purpose by volunteering abroad. Through powerful development work, authentic immersion experiences, and a 100% giving model, our beneficiaries, staff, volunteers, and donors are given the opportunity to discover their potential to make an impact.
A global crisis: 2.4 Billion people lack access to proper sanitation
• Poor sanitation is linked to transmission of diseases such as cholera, diarrhea, dysentery, hepatitis A, typhoid and polio and exacerbates stunting.
• Poor sanitation reduces human well-being, social and economic development due to impacts such as anxiety, risk of sexual assault, and lost educational opportunities.
• Open defecation perpetuates a vicious cycle of disease and poverty. The countries where open defection is most widespread have the highest number of deaths of children aged under 5 years.
BLUE Missions is taking on the water and sanitation crisis by uniting volunteers with communities to build sustainable infrastructure systems.
BLUE Missions is taking on the water and sanitation crisis by coordinating service trips for youth volunteers to assist in the completion of water and sanitation projects.
• Clean Water: Water is the basic foundation of a community and without it, families struggle to meet their most basic needs. Many walk hours to collect it and often times the water they find is not safe to drink. By building gravity-driven aqueducts in rural communities we are taking a huge step in breaking the poverty trap while bringing empowerment, health, and opportunity to locals.
• Sanitation: Each sanitation project involves the construction of VIP (ventilated-improved pit) latrines for 16 - 20 families in need of improved sanitation. Bathrooms that are safe, private, and sanitary improve the public health and standard of living for families living in rural poverty, while protecting their local water sources. VIP latrines prevent the contamination of local water sources and the spread of disease, but they also provide families with safety from collapsable structures and the dignity they deserve.
Our volunteers are the solution.
• Fundraise: Volunteers sign up for a service project and fundraise the cost of materials.
• Match with a community: Our engineers design sustainable water and sanitation systems in rural communities that have requested our help.
• Travel To Build: Volunteers join our team abroad and work with locals to construct the project from start to finish.
For other net participants we can offer an expert guidance through trained staff, give an expert opinion, procure expert information and establish new contacts in the field of our work.