Together for Women and Children (TOWOC)
Nkolfoulou II village, Soa, BP 20646 Yaounde
Contact person: Kempeny Melody
+237-243384355/672717171; +237 675206180
- Aid organization
- Educational policy/project
- Women's policy
- Volunteers are welcome.
Together for Women and Children (TOWOC) is a non-governmental, not-for-profit organization, working in Cameroon/Africa working with children/youths, parents, government and intergovernmental bodies in the promotion of community welfare. It works to identify the needs of women, of the child especially the rural child/youths, the underprivileged and the weaker section of the society through participatory approaches.
Making the society a better place by supporting the women and the children.
TOWOC’s mission is aimed at making the society a better place by protecting the woman, reducing the rate of single motherhood by giving the women the opportunity to develop their skills, train them take better care of their children and family through the promotion of livelihood activities; ensuring the welfare of children, by providing education, shelter, health care; fight against HIV, malaria and gender based violence. We will also ensure that the youths are protected from unwanted pregnancy and the woman take her rightful position in the society.
The main objective is to support single mothers, enhance opportunities for children to realize their full potential and capabilities. More specifically, TOWOC seeks to:
• Provide skill development opportunities for single mothers and widows so that they can increase access of basic quality needs for children. This will be achieved by setting up a vocational training center.
• Empower teenage mothers and school dropouts and ensure the welfare of the woman.
• Promote formal and non-formal education for children and women
• Promote sustainable health education and practices for children, their families and communities.
• Reduce HIV and malaria transmission and to reduce the impact of the epidemic, on children, young people and families.
• Provide assistance to needy/underprivileged children irrespective of tribe, origin, sex or religion in the domain of social welfare;
• Promote the UN convention for the rights of the child.
For other net participants we can offer an expert guidance through trained staff, give an expert opinion, procure expert information and establish new contacts in the field of our work.