Heritage Charity Foundation (HCF)
P.O.Box 2243, Sunyani
Contact person: Richmond Smith
- Aid organization
- Commune, community project
- Educational policy/project
- Overnight facilities
- Volunteers are welcome.
The problem: In rural areas of Ghana pregnant women and children in particular are still recovering from the impact of the economic hardship and its legacy of poverty and hunger. In particular vulnerable and marginalised pregnant women and children have few opportunities to access appropriate support services. This limits their ability to recover from the trauma of the hunger they have survived. Without addressing the sanitation needs of these women and children, children’s capacity to live with good health and attain age five is limited. Persisting socio-economic hardship that often condone these vulnerable groups into premature deaths also act as barriers for the realisation of women’s rights and the reduction in ill-health and this perpetuate persistent poverty.
Amount requesting:20.000 Euros
Account Name : Heritage Charity Foundation
Account Number : 6011710751
Branch : Sunyani branch
Bank Name : Zenith Bank Ghana Limited
Swift code : ZEBLGHAC
Heritage Charity Foundation (HCF) is a community-based non-profit organization based in Tagadzi community in the North Tongu district of the Volta Region of Ghana.
HCF is a charity community based non-governmental organization established and officially recognized in 2014 by the Governmental of Ghana to promote children welfare and provision of free entrepreneurship skills training for women and physically challenged persons and the single teenage mothers who were rescued from child labour and child prostitution.
The idea was spearheaded by a Ghanaian Social Worker and a Professional Community Health Nurse, after a series of deliberations and thoughts on how to curb the upsurge of moral degradation and problems facing the youth and women as a result of a number of factors such as unemployment, streetism, drug abuse, teenage pregnancy, child labour, rural-urban migration, violence against women and children, HIV/AIDS and others.
A Ghana where young people are able to realize their dreams regardless of their social and economic background.
Create an entrepreneurial and productive community of youth.
Internship in Ghana
Heritage Charity Foundation has been hosting both international and local volunteers/interns in our various projects. Currently, we have placements available for the following positions.
• Teachers (interested qualified teachers will teach English and mathematics in our community school).
• Nurses (Interested qualified nurses will assist our local Community Health Nurses in the only polyclinic in delivering quality health care).
• Doctors (Interested qualified doctors will also assist our local nurses in the community polyclinic in delivering quality health care).
• Pharmacist (Interested qualified pharmacist will assist our local dispensers at the pharmacy department).
• Fundraisers (Interested fundraisers are invited to raise funds towards developmental projects like construction of permanent classroom, construction of toilet facilities for the school and the community, and or soliciting for teaching and learning materials for the school).
• General Interested Volunteers (GIV-Project). Under our GIV-project, we are looking for interested mason, carpenters, laborers, painters, etc to assist in the construction of classroom block for the children.
Richmond Smith is the Project Director of the Heritage Charity Foundation (HCF).
For other net participants we can offer an expert guidance through trained staff, give an expert opinion, procure expert information and establish new contacts in the field of our work.