JABEZ Self Help Group (JABEZ Kenya)
JABEZ FBVC Foundation
Contact person: Benson Alakonya Keya
- Commune, community project
- Environmental project
- Social policy/disabled persons
- Overnight facilities
- Volunteers are welcome.
We urgently need your support to help marginalized women, youth and children affected by COVID-19!!
Will you please donate today?
A gift from you could help provide the most vulnerable marginalized communities with food, essential hygiene kits, access to clean water, vital public health information, as well as learning materials and support to keep children safe.
As the Corona Virus outbreak (Covid-19) begins to have a devastating impact on the marginalized communities we work with, we know that many families across the Country are experiencing huge pressures and worries. We send our very best wishes to all our supporters at this difficult time.
We hope we can continue to come together to support those who are most vulnerable to the virus, wherever they are in the world.
We’re especially concerned about children and their families living in crowded conditions like slum villages, Manyatta homesteads, refugee camps, from providing meals to elderly neighbors.
The JABEZ Self Help Group (JABEZ Kenya) is a legally registered Self Help Based Organization in Kenya founded in 2011 with an extensive coverage in the entire Bungoma County through its 30 volunteers based group networks in the 9 Sub-Counties.
As an award winning solution based organization, it focuses on
• Health in (HIV/AIDS, STD’s, STI’s and OI’s, PMTCT, HBV, HCV),
• Environmental Conservation,
• Sustainable Agriculture,
• Social-Cultural Diversity,
• Poverty Eradication and
• Liaison with Other Resource People.
JABEZ Kenya is set to provide a safe environment conducive to learning that enables growth academically, emotionally, socially and spiritually of all orphaned children regardless of race, religion, gender, tribal, ethnicity or other discriminating factors. It is also concerned with creating an environment that will ensure prevention activities and to improve the capacity of communities to cope with effects of the HIV/AIDS pandemic using local resources through community initiatives.
To support the under privileged, abandoned,neglected,vulnerable and rescued through capacity building,education,economic empowerment to the guardians,care givers and environment conservation.
Reaching the less fortunate, underprivileged and the minority communities through talent search and innovation, CT Technical Center, the organic food bank for value chain entrepreneurship and solar powered irrigation kit pilot project through capacity and economic empowerment for the rural communities.
• Sustainable Horticultural Development Network (SHODNET).
• Food Bank development project.
• Tractor irrigation project.
• Rural ICT training resource centre.
• Naomi fashions and Designs College.
• Eden beauty therapy and modeling college.
• Organic manure recycle project.
• Freedom Natural Park Hotels/resorts/holidays inn/retreat centre/tours/clubs.
• Sustainable development programs/poultry/dairy farming/organic training seminars.
• Education and scholarship fund (primary and secondary needy bright students).
• Green house farming project.
• Organic super market/organic products certification.
• Computers/Laptops/over head projector donation to school and colleges for e-learning.
• Seminars and conferences on sustainable kitchen gardening.
• History and cultural exchange, arts and music.
• Networking with Community Based Organizations(CBO) and Women/Youth self help groups.
Benson Alakonya Keya is the Director of Communication and Policy Strategy at the JABEZ Self Help Group (JABEZ Kenya)
For other net participants we can offer an expert guidance through trained staff, give an expert opinion, procure expert information and establish new contacts in the field of our work.