Overcomers Children Centre (OCC)
P.O.Box 11075 - 30100 Eldoret
Contact person: Simon Kurgat
- Aid organization
- Social policy/disabled persons
- Educational policy/project
- Volunteers are welcome.
Overcomers children's center (OCC) is a Non - profit organization that takes care of orphaned, abused, abandoned and neglected children in the Kapseret area of Eldoret town. It was founded in January 2010 by Reverend Simon Kurgat.
In the recent past, there has been an increase in abandoned, abused and neglected children in our community. This has been due to, but not limited to, a number of factors including the HIV/AIDS pandemic, unplanned pregnancies, the high standard of living and increased poverty levels.
Overcomers Children's Center was formed out of a growing need to have a safe environment where such children can be brought up and call home.
The center provides the basic needs of the children including, housing, food, clothing, educational and medical needs. We also offer guidance and counseling for all our children.
The center is run by a dedicated team of teachers, house parents and social workers.
OCC works closely with the District Children's department as well as other children's institutions and organizations in Uasin Gishu county. We are members of the Uasin Gishu Children's Services Forum and the Area advisory council.
To be a safe haven for abused, abandoned, orphaned and neglected children in our community and beyond.
To reach out with a passion for God and compassion for the orphaned and vulnerable children in our community.
• Provide the children with basic needs i.e. food, shelter, education and medical attention.
• To establish sustainable income generating activities for existing family members and guardians.
• To provide guidance and counseling services to both the children and the guardians in our program.
• To prepare our children to be self reliant and independent and to become positive and active members of the community.
• To teach and practice honor, respect for one self, others and God.
Simon Kurgat is the Founder of the Overcomers Children's Center (OCC).
For other net participants we can offer an expert guidance through trained staff, give an expert opinion, procure expert information and establish new contacts in the field of our work.