284 Erasmus street, 0184 Meyerspark
0184 Pretoria, Gauteng
Contact person: Raphael Richli
+27 (0)12 803 1516; +27 (0)79 793 8865
- Aid organization
- Educational policy/project
- Spiritual organization
- Overnight facilities
- Volunteers are welcome.
During our Youth Discipleship program we realised that many of the participants have never operated a computer. We partnered with an other organisation and a local bank and are happy to be able to offer computer literacy classes to our youth.
Our VisionWe plant seeds of hope in the young and disadvantaged generation through the gospel of Jesus Christ. We want to see young people overcoming poverty, being able to forgive, free from their past, discovering their gifts and talents, full of hope for a better future and passionately walking in their God-given purpose.
Our GoalHOPE Recovered seeks to establish a safe haven in the township for children and youth. To do this, we are looking to acquire a property close to Kutumela Molefi Primary School to establish a children and youth centre. The two main focuses of the centre will be:
- The empowerment of youth, from children to young adults
- Sustainable development of the community
- An afterschool program designed for primary school children will focus on lifting the level of education. A youth centre focuses on character building, discovering talents, and developing new skills.
- Library for Children in the Township: Primary school children from the community come to the Library 3 times a week after school. The library’s goal is for every child to read English fluently and to plant the love of books in the children’s hearts. We teach basic English reading and writing skills through games and fun activities. About 20 children find their way to the Library each day and enjoy over available 2500 books.
- Spelling Bee Competition: This event for primary school children does not only expand their vocabulary and spelling skills of the children. Since children are required to spell words while on stage, kids also develop self-confidence, communication and public speaking skills, and the ability to thrive under pressure.
- Youth Discipleship: We would like to accompany the young people on their journey through life. The Youth Discipleship encourages high school children to build their lives on the firm and unshakable foundation of Jesus Christ and guides them in living a life of God-given purpose. We don’t want them to be carried away by their environment and circumstances but steadfastly live their faith and follow Jesus with all their hearts. We discovered that we all want to be wise. Therefore, we explore together the wisdom of God by studying the Bible.
- Academic Intervention: Regularly, the youth has the opportunity to attend computer literacy classes and get help with their mathematics school work.
- Christmas Party: Christmas is not celebrated that much in the township. Children usually get new clothes and wear them on Christmas day. At our Christmas Party, children learn about Christmas, why we give gifts, the gift of God, and every child receives a small Christmas gift.
- Youth Farewell: As the children from the Library get their Christmas party in December, so does the youth get their Farewell. All the registered youth of the discipleship program are invited to the Farewell before we close the program for the long summer holidays.
- Women’s seminar: The main objective of these gatherings is to empower women from all walks of life by encouraging each other, carrying each other’s burdens and drawing closer to Jesus.
ChallengesHOPE Recovered needs board members and committed volunteers to accomplish its mission. Furthermore, the organisation needs to raise 600,000 USD for the urgently required Children- and Youth Centre. As the organisation does not have a property in the township, all the youth programs (Youth Discipleship and Academic Intervention) are run at the founders’ private home, about 20 minutes from the township. The youth has to be picked up and dropped off. As their vehicle only accommodates 6 passengers, several trips are necessary.
Raphael & Gontse Richli are the Founders of HOPE Recovered.
For other net participants we can offer an expert guidance through trained staff, give an expert opinion, procure expert information and establish new contacts in the field of our work.