Ni Hekima Pekee (NIHEP)
P.O.BOX 245; Makongoro Road near Mwanza Primary court, at CHAWATA building.
Contact person: Onesmo Kajuna
- Aid organization
- Educational policy/project
- Social policy/disabled persons
- Volunteers are welcome.
Ni Hekima Pekee (NIHEP) is a non-governmental, non-profit sharing organization, its headquarter located in Nyamagana district at Nyamagana street in the region of Mwanza- Tanzania. NIHEP was established in March, 2009 and got registered in September 2010. Our personnel is based on volunteers, who want to give us their time and knowledge to help children and their families.
Our mission is to help disadvantaged children and youth to become responsible, self-reliant and useful citizens. We want to guarantee the better life for them, and for the future generations.
Our vision is to create atmosphere in which each child feels loved, cared and supported, today and in the future.
What we do
The main mission of NIHEP is to help and support vulnerable families so that they could make the better life for their children and help those children to reach their future dreams. When we are helping the families, we are also reducing the poverty and deprivation in the community. We create useful local networks and relationships among the people of those areas. The best way to reach our goals is to work side by side with the parents and children, appreciating their point of views.
We are also doing child protection work on those families which are going through more complicated life situations, including parent's own problems with physical and mental health, alcoholism and violence.
Currently NIHEP operates within Mwanza region,works in collaboration with other stakeholders schools,authorities,social welfare officer and more departments as needed
Aims and objectives of the organization
• Support the children with education. Every child deserves to have access to school and a realistic opportunity to attend school every day.
• Support their parents so they can make a living for their families. Sometimes it needs only a small micro-finance loan given to a parent that she can establish her own business and start to earn money for her family.
• Support the girls in life. In Tanzania, the position of girls is still poorer than boys' in same families, so they need a little bit more support and encouragement to get the kind of life they really want. With good life-skills, they can raise their children to be well-being citizens.
• In general we want to advocate and lobby on children's rights, health, education and livelihood also in the area of policy.
• Msichan thabiti: Msichana thabiti is a project for girls in the age of 10-14 who are in school. The projects main aim is to help the girls develop an understanding for what is needed for a healthy life.
• Mtoto Mwerevu: Mtoto Mwerevu project aims to reduce stunting among children less than 5 years of age by at least 7 % points and low birth weight by at least 3 % points through transforming and sustaining behaviors, building capacity and investing in maternal, infant and young child feeding, early childhood development, hygiene and sanitation, promoting Homestead food production and addressing gender imbalances.
• Wasiliana: The project meant to give education access to young girls, communication and reporting skills, create and raise their self-confidence and empower them with life skills especially sub-urban in Nyamagana district Mwanza region.
• mwili wangu ni mwili wangu: We want to encourage both children in Nursery School and also the girls from the Wasiliana Project to say; No! We are using a programme called My Body is My Body - Mwili Wangu Ni Mwili Wangu.
• Tusome project
• parent support
• Education support
• Children with Disability
Onesmo Kajunais the Executive director and Founder of Ni Hekima Pekee (NIHEP).
For other net participants we can offer an expert guidance through trained staff, give an expert opinion, procure expert information and establish new contacts in the field of our work.