Cancer Support Foundation (CSF)
Contact person: Arthur Franco Omul
- Aid organization
- Educational policy/project
- Social policy/disabled persons
- Volunteers are welcome.
Cancer Support Foundation (CSF) is mandated to raise awareness on common cancers, their prevention, control, diagnosis and treatment in Uganda.
To provide patient support services based on patient’s and family needs such as food, transport, treatment, medical tests and other support for cancer patients and their families undergoing treatment in Kampala.
To set up a patient hostel-providing home away from home for cancer patients receiving care and treatment in Kampala.
Provide psycho social support to cancer patients and their families.
We welcome donations and any other form of support, see below link.
Cancer Support Foundation formerly Cancer prevention & control in Uganda (CPCU) was formed and registered as an NGO with The Uganda NGO Board in 2011 by we concerned Ugandan citizens affected by cancer disease to carry its activities in the area of cancer awareness, screening, advocacy and support of cancer patients, families affected in collaboration with government, Civil Society Organizations (CSOs) and other Institutions.
To reduce cancer burden in Uganda.
To reduce cancer burden through supporting people living with cancer and their families, advocacy, cancer awareness and prevention interventions targeting the under-served populations in Uganda.
Contributing towards the reduction of cancer burden in Uganda.
To carry its activities in the area of cancer awareness, advocacy and support of people living cancer in collaboration with government and other civil society organizations (CSOs).
Cancer Support Foundation is working:
• to train groups in the Districts, counties, sub counties who would train/explain to the community cancer risk factors, early signs & prevention.
• to promote, establish sports and physiotherapy facilities, this would prevent cancer and other diseases.
• to participate in National and international conferences, workshops on cancer prevention and network with other cancer organizations.
• to create awareness on cancer
. To screen the community of common cancers.
• To set up a patient hostel-providing home away from home for patients receiving care and treatment with their caretakers in Kampala,
• to provide meals for the patients and their caretakers while on treatment in kampala,
• to transport patients to and from the Hostel to the Cancer treatment center,
• to support patients with special medical investigations, patients facilitation fund.
• to support orphans especially those who have lost their parents to cancer in their education.
Arthur Franco Omul is the Executive Director of the Cancer Support Foundation (CSF).
For other net participants we can offer an expert guidance through trained staff, give an expert opinion, procure expert information and establish new contacts in the field of our work.