The Foundation For Tomorrow (TFFT)
P.O. Box 470836
NC 28247 Charlotte
Contact person: Meghann Gunderman Sehorn
- Aid for developing countries
- Aid organization
- Educational policy/project
The Foundation For Tomorrow (TFFT), founded in 2006, is a US 501(c)(3) non-profit organization that provides scholarships for orphan and vulnerable Tanzanian children to attend boarding school in their home countries. As well as scholarships, The Foundation For Tomorrow aids and advances our partner schools and trains teachers to ensure the highest quality of education is provided.
Our holistic services include access to quality schooling, health and psychosocial support, and life skills programs. TFFT also works to improve the quality of instruction, resources in the classroom, and school management to ensure widespread, sustainable impact.
Focused on work in Tanzania, The Foundation For Tomorrow envisions a world where all children contribute to society as active and empowered citizens free of exclusion, disadvantage, and vulnerability.
The Foundation For Tomorrow’s mission is to secure quality education and emotional support for orphan and vulnerable children so that they may reach their full potential and thrive in their communities.
What we do
• Investing in Students: TFFT believes in a just world where all children have equal access to quality education. Through a comprehensive selection process that includes using the Progress Out Of Poverty Index, a tool that measures global poverty, TFFT’s Scholarship Program provides Tanzania’s most vulnerable children with the opportunity to receive quality education at a private boarding school. TFFT also provides personalized developmental guidance, career coaching and mentorship, as well as basic needs. For school holidays we work to reunite scholars with living relatives or match them with a foster family. We hold firm the belief that health and psychosocial well-being goes hand-in-hand with educational success. TFFT teaches scholars to care for themselves, providing whole child life skills classes, emotional and mental support. It is important we all fill the void of the life lessons typically taught in a healthy home environment. We burst with pride at their graduations, celebrate their achievements and nurture their dreams. Our life skills programming teaches essential life skills, stretches students’ imagination, fuels their dreams, builds confidence, and deepens personal understanding. This empowers participants to become independent, compassionate adults, who are able to lead productive lives and are prepared to work collaboratively with their communities to address the issues facing their country.
• Investing in Teachers: TFFT works to improve the quality of instruction, resources, and school management to ensure widespread, sustainable impact through the training of excellent educators. We believe quality education transforms lives and that teachers and school leaders both play key roles in achieving this. TFFT’s Teacher Training Program works to improve the quality of instruction and management in primary and secondary schools. We also ensure that schools are child-friendly, non-stigmatizing, gender-sensitive, and supportive of the needs of orphan and vulnerable children.
• Investing in Community: We address vulnerability through the power of education. Our goal is to create a ripple effect for scholars and teachers to have a positive impact in their communities that will allow a much larger percentage of Tanzanians to thrive. Education is power and can be a change agent for everyone. Beyond investing in teachers and students, TFFT is investing in the community through an interactive Learning Centre, allowing quality education to meet the learner where they are.
Meghann Gunderman Sehorn is the Executive Director of The Foundation For Tomorrow (TFFT).
For other net participants we can offer an expert guidance through trained staff, give an expert opinion, procure expert information and establish new contacts in the field of our work.