Young Strong Mothers Foundation (YSMF)
P.o Box 2416; Kihonda Kaskazini Opposite Youth Mission
Contact person: Jackie Leonard Bomboma
- Aid organization
- Women's policy
- Educational policy/project
- Volunteers are welcome.
Young Strong Mothers Foundation (YSMF) is registered as a non-governmental, non-profit and non partisan organization. It was officially registered in February 9, 2015. YSMF operates in Tanzania mainland with the main office located in Morogoro Municipality.
YSMF was founded by Ms. Jackie Leonard Bomboma, a survivor of teenage pregnancy, together with her daughter Rose Samwel Mayunga with the aim of using their rough past and struggle to find opportunities and achievement stories as a weapon to inspire, empower, motivate, advocate and fight against young mother’s discrimination and stigmas to restore their pathways to desired human life destinies.
To provide an opportunity for vulnerable young mothers and their children to address their health, social, education, legal and financial needs.
To become a home of hope, inspiration and solutions to vulnerable girls, teen mothers and their children within mainland Tanzania.
We mainly focus on:
• Advocacy and awareness on gender based violence and women’s rights
• Education empowerment mainly in vocational skills
• Economic empowerment mainly in entrepreneurship skills
• Promoting access to right information for awareness on health issues mainly focusing on mental health support, counselling, and sexual and reproductive health
• Child program mainly focusing on child care for children of young mothers
• YSMF managed to reach and support 760 teen and young mothers age 11 to 24 in 8 wards of Morogoro Municipal from 2015 to 2019.
• We have managed to reconnect families and young mothers who were kicked out of their homes through conducting home visits with the aim of educating the parents and care givers the advantages of giving a second chance to their girl and disadvantages of not investing on them.
• YSMF managed to advocate for partners and stakeholders to invest on young mothers by funding our projects, offer physical and emotional support and offering second chance opportunities to colleges and employment.
• 134 young mothers graduated from vocational institutes and are now enjoying a better and respectful life, earn a decent payments and contributing to community development.
• YSMF managed to buy 10 acres of land at Kiegea B, located in 15kms from Dodoma main road where the home of hope and inspiration for resilient solutions for young mothers will develop.
Jackie Leonard Bomboma is the Founder and CEO of Young Strong Mothers Foundation (YSMF).
For other net participants we can offer an expert guidance through trained staff, give an expert opinion, procure expert information and establish new contacts in the field of our work.