Contact person: Sabrina Herold
- Environmental organization
- Environmental project
- Educational policy/project
The climate protection movement myblueplanet was founded in 2007. Since then, much has been moved under the same slogan:«We show on the small scale, what is possible on the large scale»
myblueplanet is a citizens' initiative and non-profit organization with the aim of making a concrete and measurable contribution to climate protection. myblueplanet has three focus areas: climate-friendly behavior, increasing efficiency and renewable energies.
We inspire people to make a contribution to climate protection. Together we search for creative and practical possibilities and implement them with tangible projects to reduce CO2.
We show what each and everyone can do to sustain our blue planet. Our community grows through inspiring and scaleable projects which we develop and implement. We all are myblueplanet.
Education on climate topics - Through our projects we share our expertise on climate topics and provide support to implement climate protection initiatives in schools, vocational training colleges and universities.
• Climate School: Climate School is a programme that allows schools to implement sustainability and emphasize climate protection. With a creative educational approach, the programme aims to create awareness both within schools and the wider community.
•ClimateLab: We organise two-day workshops for motivated apprentices, that focus on climate protection and showcase how our ideas move the world and reduce CO2. These workshops aim for the implementation of climate protection ideas in the various firms with which the apprentices are engaged. In that vein, many of the implemented projects had the chance to win an award
Climate friendly lifestyle - We support the climate-friendly consumption of food and other goods by the public and by restaurant owners.
• Klimamenü : In the frame of the project «Klimamenü» we show how to prepare delicious and climate friendly meals in order to reduce your daily CO2 footprint.
• Less is More: With this awareness campaign we inspire people to not trash, but repair instead.
• mybluetree: In this project we give away and plant trees together to set a clear sign for climate protection. This project aims at awareness raising and the implementation of further measures for climate protection
• Give & Take: At Winterthur’s Give&Take house, useful items can be left for others as a gift. Many things which may not be useful to you anymore can have a second life and make someone else happy.
Renewable Energy - We promote the use of renewable energy and e-mobility to reduce CO2 emissions with our communication efforts.
• I am Pro Snow: We collaborate with ski resorts, lift owners and ski huts to promote the use of renewable energy and to make a contribution to the preservation of snow by engaging employees in trainings to facilitate climate protection in their firms..
Sabrina Herold works as chief executive officer / executive director of myblueplanet..
For other net participants we can offer an expert guidance through trained staff, give an expert opinion, procure expert information and establish new contacts in the field of our work.