Warm Heart Foundation
P.O. Box 8 T.Wiang A.Phrao
50190 Chiang Mai
Contact person: Evelind Schecter
- Aid organization
- Educational policy/project
- Social policy/disabled persons
- Volunteers are welcome.
Warm Heart Foundation, founded in July 2008 by Dr. Michael Shafer and Evelind Schecter, is a registered Thai foundation with an American nonprofit partner. Warm Heart is a nonprofit organization, we are a group of committed people working together to bring positive change to the poor community of Phrao in the foothills of Northern Thailand.
Our main focus is on the children that live in isolated villages, isolated by distance, language, and opportunities. Without our help they would remain isolated, uneducated, and follow in the footsteps of their families to live a life of poverty.
• Warm Heart is rolling out replicable, scalable program models access to education for marginal groups;
• job creation through social entrepreneurship;
• climate change slowing ,
• environmental cleanup and
• rural poverty reduction through crop waste conversion to biochar; and
• local care for the abandoned rural elderly.
• Warm Heart is also working toward becoming self-sustaining.
• Today, 45 kids live in our Children’s Homes and attend local schools.
• We sponsor another 35 at a local, government boarding school, have 6 kids away at vocational-technical high schools and 16 at university.
• Our Microenterprise Project provides jobs to women’s cooperatives and has an annual turnover of more than one million baht, all reinvested in the Project.
• We have trained hundreds of small farmers and last year our biochar project was recognized with a World Energy Globe Award.
• Our Project Access Wellness Program for the abandoned disabled and elderly provides weekly bathing, cleaning, cooking, errands and hospital transportation services.
Evelind Schecter is the Director of Finance at Warm Heart Thailand.
For other net participants we can offer an expert guidance through trained staff, give an expert opinion, procure expert information and establish new contacts in the field of our work.